Eurotime Natureboyz

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Nuran
Shambling Zombie

Re: Eurotime Natureboyz

Post by Nuran »

Not that Leif is always about in eurotimes (though he is sometimes), but he hangs out in Mielikki's Grove, and that would be my vote... that or the Great Oak.
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

TL;DR: A meeting place within or next to well-trodden PC travel routes would be best.

To my mind the "prime euro timeslot" covers GMT - GMT+2, weeknights (1900 - 2300hrs) and maybe w/e days/evenings. No firm scheduling has been mentioned - at least not to me - but if a DM is prepared to pick up the baton then I'm sure people are amenable to discussion.

Winter's Edge 'abandoned' grove sounds too far off the beaten track to be a regular hook-up point as far as making contact with other PCs is concerned; smacks a little too much like evil knitting circles that rarely interact with the playerbase at large and seem content to perma-discuss evil and- er, knit in seclusion. What's the point of being all rambunctious if there aren't any other PCs nearby to react to it or do something about it. The locations sounds too isolated - which may well be canon for woodsies but not great for the game. BH has already alluded to the area being rather lonely, not to mention difficult to get to which probably isn't ideal for new/low level characters. If NWN2 had animal charming/pacifying abilities built in for woodsie types it wouldn't be such an issue, but it doesn't so it is.

Cloudy has pointed out that Rk and Sm Surrounds are often common woodsie haunts. This is probably because these are at least partly forested regions but more prominently they're PC nexus points that are often passed through when travelling to and from Sm thus are excellent places to chance encounter other PCs - the reason we're playing this I presume. It is too close to built up areas which isn't great for some woodsies. (It isn't ideal for my wee grubby woodsie either but it's a compromise between finding a suitable haunt and actually meeting other PCs.) If we're looking for a (new?) club treehouse area within which to discuss and ultimately instigate the humbling of the civilised world then IMO it should be located within or not more than one AT away from a PC travel nexus.

Tam spends a lot of time lurking at the Great Oak. It's not located next to a travel nexus point but isn't far from Rm. The Great Oak is a marvelous little bump of nature, often made all the more mysterious when Cloudy seeds 'shrooms in passing, but it is small and regularly attacked by spawns of any and all description up to and including Trolls. The attendant Druidesses are tougher than coffin nails and usually goo all assaults in short order, but it is still very dangerous if you don't camp right on the very top of the knoll. In addtion, the Druidesses are permanent fixtures and not all of our woodsie types are of that particular dogmatic persuasion (Tam certainly isn't and often disagrees with their ways) and our alter-egos may be reluctant to talk about possibly contentious issues in their presense.

All of that having been said, a club treehouse in a far away cubbyhole is better than no club at all.

"It be a many coloured land of a year 'n a day, but don't be dwawin' down the moon to see all of it."
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Post by Blindhamsterman »

there are some hill tops in the great oak area that are relatively safe, and allow enough time to react to a spawned baddy, recommend one of those as close to the great oak while not within earshot of the druids there. Elen often sets up a tent on one watching both the road and the Druid tree :)
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

Didn't know about those hills being 'safe'; I'm not so sure that they are because Tam has been chased up a few of those by "twists" more than once. It sounds more dangerous to park on those hills because the Druidess A-Team aren't on hand to save everyone from the Troll gatecrashers. It only takes one PC to pull some heat and it's goodnight Vienna.
:hug: :muffy:

When we're all Level Stupid we can build our tree-house on the site of an ancient Indian burial ground but until that day the club hollow is probably best situated in an area that is safe from DM-less spawns.
Rion of Erb
Dire Badger

Post by Rion of Erb »

So in an effort to not let this thread die, I will attempt to summarize the info shared here: (I apologize in advance if I have misrepresented anyone, fell free to correct me)

Interested Players
Happycrow
I-KP
Rion of Erb
Brother Humphrey
Nuran
"the elves" girbo and Erevain

Meeting Places
Outside the Moorgate in Silverymoon
Golden Oak in Silverymoon
Mielekki's Glade in Silverymoon
Waterfall and Shrine of Chauntea in Khelb
Willow tree in Rivermoot
Atop the hill at the Great Oak

Timeslots
11:00am - GMT (happycrow)
3:00pm GMT - 9:00pm GMT (Rion)
6:30pm GMT - 10:30pm GMT (Brother Humphrey)
7:00pm GMT - 11:00pm GMT (I-KP)

EDIT: per comments from thread
Last edited by Rion of Erb on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rion of Erb
Current PC on TSM: Zion
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Post by Blindhamsterman »

rorax's PC died according to the IC rumour thread.

Also, if willing to let us be involved from time to time, the various elves would quite likely meet up with you also (we already have good relationships with the local druids and at least reasonable relationships with some of the PCs already interested :) )

Meeting at Quaervarr for low levels might not be a great idea, the area is IC supposed to still have a lot of issues with the Black Bloods, and the town itself isn't exactly popular with the druids due to its tendancy to chop down lots and lots of trees.

otherwise yeah summed up nicely :)
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

Timeslots
after 1am GMT (happycrow)
3:00pm GMT - 9:00pm GMT (Rion)
6:30pm GMT - 10:30pm GMT (Brother Humphrey)
7:00pm GMT - 11:00pm GMT (I-KP)
So that leaves a two hour overlap? 7pm-9pm GMT. When you are speaking GMT, are you talking English Summer time, or GMT proper?
< Signature Free Zone >
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Eventually the Dwarven Stonesmiths, Druid Earthbenders, and Argent Legion Corps of Engineers will finish Quearvarr and you will find it quite pleasent for metting. It will even have the canon "Oakhouse" there.
Happycrow
Dire Badger

Post by Happycrow »

In theory, there's events and significant change set to happen there which totally makes sense for the players to gravitate on. Otherwise, I'd say the Oak, the Grove, and the road in-between is probably friendliest to the low-level guys.
Rion of Erb
Dire Badger

Post by Rion of Erb »

M toon is very suspect of the future of Quearvarr, and has little confidence that history will not repeat itself there, or worse. With that in mind it seems like it could be a nice place to frequent, to keep an eye on and have a say in how things go there.

Also my timeslots are taking into consideration the summer hours we are currently using in NY.

And yeah right now the times still need some finagling to get a decent 3-4 hour window where we can all play together. Unfortunately my 9pm GMT cut off is pretty set in stone as I have an obligation everyday around that time. Which might just mean I cannot participate is this group, we will see once the times get all worked out.
Rion of Erb
Current PC on TSM: Zion
Happycrow
Dire Badger

Post by Happycrow »

Not sure about the after-1am thing.

Sales gig I'm working right now leaves me open US mornings and early afternoon. More like 11am true-GMT, if I understand the timezones right. But you're right, Rotku, that's still not a huge overlap.
NickD
Beholder

Post by NickD »

I think Gruu would fit into the group reasonably well.

I live on the opposite side of the world to Europe. So, if you do this on a Friday or Saturday evening Euro time, I would be able to make it most weeks. I'd just have to get up early Saturday or Sunday morning.
Current PCs:
NWN1: Soppi Widenbottle, High Priestess of Yondalla.
NWN2: Gruuhilda, Tree Hugging Half-Orc
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

That's dedication right there.
Brother Humphrey
Kosher Kojak

Post by Brother Humphrey »

you misspelled addiction, mate.
<paazin> Elves I bet are kinda fun to play.
<BH|werksux> I prefer the trumpet or clarinet
<BH|werksux> elves wiggle too much

Current Server: TSM

Current PC: Delshandra
Pwned PCs: Lemuel,Skimmer,Clevon,Juno,Gilbert,BH,Dunkin,Osk & Rodney

Current Status: Highly Mobile
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

NickD wrote:I live on the opposite side of the world to Europe. So, if you do this on a Friday or Saturday evening Euro time, I would be able to make it most weeks. I'd just have to get up early Saturday or Sunday morning.
My thoughts was similar. But more "hey, I live on the opposite sides of the world. So your evenings are my mornings! And as I have 6 out of 7 mornings free..."
< Signature Free Zone >