Noob-Quest Weirdnesses

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Happycrow
Dire Badger

Noob-Quest Weirdnesses

Post by Happycrow »

Possibly the wrong forum to put it in, but couldn't find a bug-reporting forum, and it's ALFA... maybe my search-fu merely needs improvement.

Have noticed what seemed to be a couple broken fedex quests, and a weirdness regarding the Temple of Sylvanus and the Grove of Mielikki.

1) Priest in rivermoot asks for herbs from Sylvanus Priest... but SP doesn't seem to sell them. Mielikki grove does, however, along with salt (but no holy symbols or other faith trappings, which may be intentional, given the relative power differences between the two deities).

2) Couple of the fedex quests say "great, go do it," but then it doesn't register done. Archive-College I recall specifically. I seem to recall it with another, but can't remember which... which isn't at all helpful, sorry. Can't find the mapmaker for one of the other Silverymoon quests, but I'm assuming that's just a matter of poking about.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Re: Noob-Quest Weirdnesses

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Each server spefic forum has a bug reporting thread. I think that the Silvanus quest is an old and stubborn bug that refuses to get fixed though we have tried if i am not mistaken. As a general matter if bug reporting will include the revelation of any meta information then report the bug in a PM to the server HDM. Hope you are enjoying ALFA =)
Happycrow
Dire Badger

Post by Happycrow »

I'll go find the thread, then.
Yep, so far, server's full of very nice folk. Which makes a huge difference in my book.
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

Happycrow wrote:1) Priest in rivermoot asks for herbs from Sylvanus Priest... but SP doesn't seem to sell them.
He's supposed to have a dialogue option if you talk to him after taking that quest, but as stated: it's bugged, fixed, rebugged and not-yet-refixed.
Mielikki grove does, however, along with salt (but no holy symbols or other faith trappings, which may be intentional, given the relative power differences between the two deities).
Actually... if you're so inclined, feel free to tool up some "Mielikki-ish items" for her to sell. Some temples sell gear that is relevant to the faith, some do not. And the difference is simply caused by stuff not having been tooled (yet).
2) Couple of the fedex quests say "great, go do it," but then it doesn't register done.
Usually that indicates a repeatable quest.
Can't find the mapmaker for one of the other Silverymoon quests, but I'm assuming that's just a matter of poking about.
Correct.
Happycrow
Dire Badger

Post by Happycrow »

Regarding #2, it wasn't a repeatables thing... returning to the quest-giver resulted in no quest completion. Something was bugged.

If i pop into the toolset and come up with faith items, is there a list of which faiths are lacking? May as well kill two or three birds with one stone while I'm there...
Regalis
Tie-Interceptor of Bane

Post by Regalis »

There's more than one part to some of the Fedex quests. Read the journal entries carefully.
Happycrow
Dire Badger

Post by Happycrow »

Nice tip, thank you.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Thread moved to Live Server Forums: 03 The Silver Marches
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

Happycrow wrote:is there a list of which faiths are lacking?
I don't think so, and you won't be able to tell unless you (trick the priest into believing that you) are of that faith. But you can always ask other players if they found their local temple lacking.
NESchampion
Staff Head - Documentation

Post by NESchampion »

I know the Ilmatari priest was lacking; no healing rings or amulets for a faith dedicated to healing the sick and wounded?
Current PC: Olaf - The Silver Marches
Happycrow
Dire Badger

Post by Happycrow »

Magic items would be outside my paygrade, I think... but I could do some vestments, if they weren't wearing their finest rags this week... :D