Sword Rock

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

xantidote
Skeleton's Knuckle

Re: Sword Rock

Post by xantidote »

I really wasn't expecting to have to write an essay about how it went down, but, since people seem pretty upset about it:

Ander was sneaking through the woods after hearing the hunting in the woods south of Silverymoon was relatively profitable. He happened up the body of Faust near what appeared to be a wolf's den. He noticed the items on the corpse indicated that the corpse belonged to a much more powerful figure than himself and he decided to take the corpse and get out of Dodge.

Ever being in pursuit of fortune, Ander stripped the body of anything he thought valuable (ie He's not going to need this where he's going). Wanting to do the right thing (but not necessarily the most lawful thing) and because there is no temple of Tymora or Kelemvor in the city that my character is aware of, he brought the body to House Invincible, where the clergy is under the impression that Ander is a member.

As for establishing the identity of my character based on the information the clergy has, Ander did lie about being a member of the church, so I'm not sure how much truthful information they could actually give about his identity other than his height, weight, hair color, and incredible sense of style.

Also, there was a variety of phat loot on the corpse that was helpful for my character because of having the same skillset and what not. From what I can tell, the find is fairly coincidental due to the nature of my character and the nature of the corpse.

OOCly, I thought House Invincible was a fairly high traffic area where I could leave the corpse so that someone else would recognize it and create opportunities to mourn the death and whatnot.

I hope I've covered all of my bases and all of the questions posted thus far in the thread. If anyone has any additional questions, please let me know.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

*coughs* Lems just pissed because he didn't get to loot yet another corpse... *coughs*
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Brother Humphrey
Kosher Kojak

Post by Brother Humphrey »

danielmn wrote:*coughs* Lems just pissed because he didn't get to loot yet another corpse... *coughs*

*Grumbles* I prefer johnlewismcleod's explanation/rationalisation.
<paazin> Elves I bet are kinda fun to play.
<BH|werksux> I prefer the trumpet or clarinet
<BH|werksux> elves wiggle too much

Current Server: TSM

Current PC: Delshandra
Pwned PCs: Lemuel,Skimmer,Clevon,Juno,Gilbert,BH,Dunkin,Osk & Rodney

Current Status: Highly Mobile
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

I did not mean to seem to be accussing anyone of anything and I'm sorry if it seemed that way....and no, I didn't mean to say that we should begin posting indepth descriptions of events no-one witnessed. My point was meant to be that the corpse was dropped in HI, which could not have been done in secrecy other than through some sort of powerful magic and there are many PC's that care about what happens in HI as well as about deaths of PCs they have history with.

It is a departure from what we've been doing, but what would have been helpful for Lemuel and Rath would have been a brief discription of what the standing HI guards had seen and told by the PC who dropped Janus. Doing this when dropping corpses in populace areas under the eyes of NPC's would eliminate theorizing about whether the corpse was dropped or the death the result of conflict with the NPC's standing over the corpse. The NPC's cannot answer these simple and obvious questions for us without help.

I have absolutely no problem with looting of corpses and that was the furthest thing from my mind. My PC cared about Janus is all, and the HI PC's would naturally want to know something about how a corpse "appeared" in their hall.

I do hope we all begin to add something in corpse postings about common knowlege of the events that were seen, heard, smelled, etc. to give the remaining living PC's something to RP about the deaths when appropriate. But nothing OOC or meta, please.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

I hope to find a phat corpse myself one day :mrgreen:

P.S.: I should have posted initially in the suggestios thread, as that is where this debate probably should have taken place :doh:...and I hope everyone continues to post deaths exactly as they see fit...

Uhmm...over....and out
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Rion's lifeless body was found by Dawn and Corio. They were unable to discern his diety allegiance, so the corpse was taken to Rhyester's Matins for burial.

Dawn is quick to mention to people who ask just how generous Corio was in donating almost all of the departed's coin purse to the coffers at the aforementioned temple.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
xantidote
Skeleton's Knuckle

Post by xantidote »

Sioril Davis' body was dragged from the mountains into the Rivermoot morgue by Zyr and Attal.
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

A hin reeking of rum was seen crouching over the body of Penlorin Belathadhil by Battle Priest Sir Hylan Severen. Some might have heard him remark that male hin appeared to be speaking, but no sound was heard, and when the hin looked up his eyes had a mad glazed look. Sir Hylan may have been heard to comment that he considered tossing the hin out, but he didn't seen to be up to any mischief and seemed to be a mourner, albiet a drunken mourner.
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Post by Riotnrrd »

Beloved Children of Jonas Therin and the Helping Hands:
Ashley
Benjamin
Nathan
the sisters Shannon
Susan

Rest in peace, little ones
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Post by Riotnrrd »

Please add in addition to the dead children above:
Lord Vonlyr
Rugo
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Rugo Died!

"Kert rubs his knob in rememberance*
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

A shadow against the black stormtorn sky. The massive black feline stands on the in the storm darkened night overlooking the rock and the pathetic southerners town behind it.

It's roar of defiance deafens the guardsman on his walk below. He looks up to see it launch itself from the cliff, vanishing into a shadow of rain and cloud...

...speeding another warriors soul to Uthgar.

PS - Kaldts dead.
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Sorry to hear that, Dorn. :(

Good luck with your next virtual incarnation.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Post by Mikayla »

I updated the Sword Rock list in the first post to add the following names:

Misha
Ari
Lorono Pick
Knut Horthor
Ryu Yahchamazina
Lyre’le
Nephos Vorn
Kasimir Mace
Coravia
Mie’shka “Mouse”
Hashan Pathers
Holli Strongborough
Sonnlinor Coldforge
Fasa Holderheck
Janus Frost
Rion
Sioril Davis
Penlorin Belathadil
Lord Vonlyr
Rugo
Ashley
Benjamin
Nathan
Sisters Shannon
Susan
Kaldts

I think that brings the list on the first page up to date. If not, let me know. Thanks.

P.S. Since Vellya is retired, I am assuming someone else has taken up carving names into the stone? If not, I suppose we could imagine that Vellya (as an NPC now) comes back to carve names, but it would probably be better if folks RP'd it out themselves and such.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
Brother Humphrey
Kosher Kojak

Post by Brother Humphrey »

Missed Tessele Amblecrown, Chosen of Torm
<paazin> Elves I bet are kinda fun to play.
<BH|werksux> I prefer the trumpet or clarinet
<BH|werksux> elves wiggle too much

Current Server: TSM

Current PC: Delshandra
Pwned PCs: Lemuel,Skimmer,Clevon,Juno,Gilbert,BH,Dunkin,Osk & Rodney

Current Status: Highly Mobile