DM props

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

causk
Brown Bear

Re: DM props

Post by causk »

thx to HEEGZ, JLM and Zelk.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Thanks heegz for your 'left quest'.

...less of a thanks for the gobs, warg, trolls in quick succession later...that one had Nate (and me) reeling a little.

Just kidding, love a little bit of DMed surprise in our generally high-fibre lifestyle.
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

That was great fun. Heegz had me full gear with my trap-monkey hat on; nothing like working feverishly to disarm while arrows whistle by and spells are being cast. When you're saving goodberries because it's getting close to being the only healing left in a group of 11, then you've going through some seriously heavy stuff. I hope that the Fourthpeak can be retaken soon...there are a lot of folks working their way through Wynna's new static content there. Thanks JLM & Heegz.
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Again, many thanks. it's been fun.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Total blast. Don't stop. More goblins. And some bosses. We need some bosses to face please.
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Kudos and thanks to Heegz and JLM for all the recent hard work on TSM. There were more than a few times I was wondering what I was going to roll up next : -) Im certain myself and others shall be waiting with bated breath for another such venture!
I was also glad to see that some of the fancy DM tools that others have spent time and effort developing were used and added to my experience overall.
Thank you to any and all involved.
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

oldgrayrogue wrote:Total blast. Don't stop. More goblins. And some bosses. We need some bosses to face please.
The boss and mini bosses were already set up. They randomly spawn. Seek and find. :twisted:

Also, killing bosses will slow down the infestation. You should get notification when you kill one, and also I think a loot chest maybe? Finally, if you fully clear a map of spawns you should get a notice or something that the infestation is being cleared out. It's still going strong at the moment.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

really? Fuck. Got no messages.

We should probably get back up there.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

HEEGZ wrote:You should get notification when you kill one, and also I think a loot chest maybe? Finally, if you fully clear a map of spawns you should get a notice or something that the infestation is being cleared out. It's still going strong at the moment.
The bosses don't provide any special notification. The loot/XP in that area is better because there was a boss in it (probably-- because the boss was probably higher CR), but you crazy PCs must use your powers of observation and reasoning to figure out that there was a boss in the area. Or the DMs can just pick critters named like "goblin boss" or something. Bosses also only spawn in the most-infested areas, so you have to really run an infestation ragged, so that the "most-infested" areas are actually low-tier, or you have to drive straight to the heart of it, to actually find and fight them.

Your sign that you're making progress is the "things you found" loot bag-- one of those represents you undoing the good work that one boss did in one game day, and getting the big fat bags of money to prove how useful that was.
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

Don't know who set it up but I came across an ((Examine me)) npc, a panicked hin cleric. Someone must've already taken care of the "problem", it's a smart little trick to have put a box there to stick the "fetch" item in. Checking the box kind of lets you know someone already did it which is smart design.

I didn't happen to do it!

I did notice though that someone stuck an unID'd wand in the box which from the examine description sounded like it was meant to be the "winner" loot. I at least examined / ID'd it but kept it in the basket as it'd be OOC to like, rip it off, ha ha. I at least renamed it Hin Cleric Wand!

I guess whichever DM can clean that up. Again, that is a simple smart design there, a #setdesc like a little mini static dialogue. Perfect.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Yea miscommunication and we forgot to take the wand. If anyone happens buy could you grab it and ooc give to maxell, me or kid. Heegz (kudos for the static set) sai it was for our cleric LoLo/maxell
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I wasnt there... but I'll take it! :D
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

For what it's worth it was a partly depleted wand, but still a choice item for a party who can UMD or divine caster that stuff.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I award wands with 10 or 20 charges to lowbie PCs. Primarily because our wealth standards don't always warrant giving a 50 charge wand to a level 1 or 2 PC.

I just forgot to delete the NPC and will try to remove her here in a minute.