Accents of Faerun

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
Heero
Beholder

Re: Accents of Faerun

Post by Heero »

I-KP wrote:If anyone can name all of the dialect and regional slang influences that I put into Tam's speech I will give that person an actual, genuine currency reward. And I'll double it if that someone isn't British.

For me, from now on, every conversation I overhear at BG (if I ever go back there) will never be the same again. Thanks, JLM. Groovy.
The accent is Glaswegian, just like Burt.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

Heero wrote:
I-KP wrote:If anyone can name all of the dialect and regional slang influences that I put into Tam's speech I will give that person an actual, genuine currency reward. And I'll double it if that someone isn't British.

For me, from now on, every conversation I overhear at BG (if I ever go back there) will never be the same again. Thanks, JLM. Groovy.
The accent is Glaswegian, just like Burt.
“Ye hure-spun, bastrified, conscrapulated wee prick!”
Damnit, and I thought that one was the tough one.
paazin
Fionn In Disguise

Post by paazin »

Where is this sourced?

I remember there was a great deal of heated discussion on these exact subjects where one place was claimed to be X by some and Y by others (Cormyr, Waterdeep, Amn, Tethyr come to mind)
People talk of bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as man, so artistically cruel.