Crime & Punishment, Elf-style.

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Re: Crime & Punishment, Elf-style.

Post by hollyfant »

PensivesWetness wrote:Pink hair, chaotic events always around, can't speak well at all (but speaks something else, really, really good)... doesn't require the chalice of fury to be the cause but...

*giggles* that's as good a curse as you can get :eek: :lol:
Nonono, the idea was that the Elf is cursed, not everybody around her. :hammer:
HATEFACE
Dr. Horrible

Post by HATEFACE »

oldgrayrogue wrote:I recall somewhere along the line hearing of something called "the Dagger of Justice" which is a punishment applied by elves against another elf who has committed a grave crime against his people. It can only be administered by a Priest of Corellon I believe. The criminal's face is marked somehow with the sign of a dagger (Brand? Tattoo? Scar?) which marks the elf as a betrayer to his race. He who wears the mark of the dagger is henceforth considered a non-elf by all other elves and a betrayer and criminal of the worst sort. A total outcast among elves. I think its canon and will have a look for the source. There's your next PC PD =)
That's really cool. If you remember where you got that from let me know.
“In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.” - Open Message to the Executive Branch.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

*brands PD's face with a [redacted]*
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
HATEFACE
Dr. Horrible

Post by HATEFACE »

“In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.” - Open Message to the Executive Branch.
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

That's some pretty poor curses there. Spontaneous Combustion? That's not a curse...
< Signature Free Zone >
HATEFACE
Dr. Horrible

Post by HATEFACE »

I'm already cursed IRL with uncontrollable yelling.
Vendrin
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Vendrin »

A curse that strips you of the connection to the greater elven spirit and robs you from your place in Arvandor.
-Vendrin
<fluff> vendrin is like a drug
HATEFACE
Dr. Horrible

Post by HATEFACE »

I think a curse like that would come from divine sources. Do you know the only way to trump a curse from the gods? Worship AO as a deity.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Become a God.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Vendrin
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Vendrin »

jmecha wrote:Become a God.
Bingo.

Or do something good enough to redeem yourself in the Gods eyes.
-Vendrin
<fluff> vendrin is like a drug
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

danielmn wrote:*brands PD's face with a [redacted]*
*chuckles*
Hey! Don't hurt PD.

But you did remind me of a good curse in ALFA.
Someone else here has to remember the PC named Brand.
*coughs*

From back around when ALFA went Live. The fallen Paladin who wasn't all that bad of a sort until he found a cursed battleaxe. He went from being a tolerable but tormented soul to being one of the more intimidating baddies in game. He gave me and Glorfindel the shivers.

I remember watching the change. Glor wasn't slick enough to figure it out.

-Bill
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.
Keryn
Ogre

Post by Keryn »

HATEFACE wrote:
oldgrayrogue wrote:I recall somewhere along the line hearing of something called "the Dagger of Justice" which is a punishment applied by elves against another elf who has committed a grave crime against his people. It can only be administered by a Priest of Corellon I believe. The criminal's face is marked somehow with the sign of a dagger (Brand? Tattoo? Scar?) which marks the elf as a betrayer to his race. He who wears the mark of the dagger is henceforth considered a non-elf by all other elves and a betrayer and criminal of the worst sort. A total outcast among elves. I think its canon and will have a look for the source. There's your next PC PD =)
That's really cool. If you remember where you got that from let me know.
I also remember this but dont know where I saw it. If I find it I'll let you know. This mark was also something that the elf would carry for the rest of his life with great shame and would not allow him to ascend to Arvandor unless forgiven by the Seldarine. Which I'd take would be rare cases.
<Kest> "what am i running away from? i dont know but it sounds big and large!!"
---
<@Veilan> I like sausage.
Brokenape
Goblin Scout

Post by Brokenape »

The complete book of elves being mentioned, I seem to recall there was a sourcebook from 2.0 concerning specifically the island of Evermeet and it's culture, various special things, etc not elves in general and while I haven't seen a copy in ages I'm pretty sure it had something to do with law as well for at least a short section so it might be worth trying to turn up a copy of that too
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

You mean Elves of Evermeet?
Brokenape
Goblin Scout

Post by Brokenape »

that may be the name yes *nods*