To bug or not to bug...

Scripted ALFA systems & related tech discussions (ACR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

To bug or not to bug...

Post by hollyfant »

According to the wiki NWN2's "bardic inspirations" are treated as "bardic songs" instead. However, my Bard just walked halfway across the Baldurs Gate server, without ever having to stop being inspiring. Songs are supposed to end after a certain duration, as far as I know.
Is this a server bug, a character bug, an ACR bug or not at all a bug?
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: To bug or not to bug...

Post by Zelknolf »

Not a bug.

Per SRD, the Bard Songs named "Inspire <x>" continue to provide benefits for as long as the bard continues to perform. Usually plus some defined number of rounds. There are no rules for fatigue, except the bit implied by sleeping (though we might recite the plot of an "animal plays sportsball" movie and note that there's no rule that says you can't sing in your sleep).

The RP of it, of course, is that your character is literally singing up and down 500 miles of road. It's allowed; the only question from there is if it's appropriate, which isn't up to the TA or the game engine.
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

Thank you for that rapid response.

/me clears his throat.
"Ninety-nine bootles of beer on the wall. Ninety-nine bottles of beer..."
:pals:
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

"...seven hundred, sixty-three thousand, nine hundred and eighty five bottles of beer on the waaaall.... seven hundred, sixty-three thousand, nine hundred and eighty five bottles of beeeeeeer..... *whew* ...ya take one down... pass it around...."