New Creator Discussion

Scripted ALFA systems & related tech discussions (ACR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

New Creator Discussion

Post by Teric neDhalir »

New Creator == fab.
2 small things I've noticed so far;
1) Can the window be resized? Most of the blueprint names are truncated and I can't seem to widen the columns or resize the window.
2) Had an amusing bug when creating an Omega Wand. I didn't get the targeting reticule but it started creating multiple copies of the wand in my inventory and then started dropping them when the inventory was full. I could walk around leaving a trail of bags appearing from under my cloak like a rabbit leaves a trail of ...... I lol'd. After logging out and in again it then created the item correctly.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: New Creator Discussion

Post by Zelknolf »

1) 'fraid that they can't be adjusted-- this is a lot of what I'd meant when talking about classifications and naming over here: http://www.alandfaraway.org/phpBB3/view ... 23&t=49684

Some trade offs were necessary to make sure that DMs would be able to aim what they're making and have some vital information beforehand.

2) Will look into that one.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

2) So-- specifically, you need to select your DM avatar and then double click an item. Your avatar's strange location as being merely... sort of... a thing confuses the targeting to thinking that it should be regenerating itself and into believing that a target is selected, causing items to spawn as quickly as you can send messages to the server and get one back.

Easily fixed, fortunately. The new alfa2_acr.hak on the DM FTP /NWN2/HAK/v1.90 contains the fix. You don't need it on your clients or toolsetting machines. Just drop it in the server hak folder and restart the mod. Would've grabbed that for you, but it looks like there's people on WHL right now.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

On BG, trying to make some placeables from the OC categories: 01 - Building Props, 02- Manmade Props, 03 - Nature Props, etc. and virtually all the placeables are not populating in the list anymore.

[edit1]
Cannot seem to place traps at all from this menu. Will check on other servers to see if it is a BG only issue. [resolved, traps spawn invisible]

[edit2]
MS: DM creator not working at all, assume it's still on 1.89
BG, TSM, WHL: Placeables missing from menus.
Last edited by HEEGZ on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Let me know what #version says on each of the servers you check.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

HEEGZ wrote:MS: DM creator not working at all, assume it's still on 1.89
Are you getting the new UI and nothing in it?
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Zelknolf wrote:Let me know what #version says on each of the servers you check.
TSM says 1.90
MS doesn't understand any of the commands, including #help
WHL says 1.90
BG says 1.90

DM Creator confirmed to be nonfunctional on MS.
Placeables not populating default stuff on other three servers at present.
Traps populate menus and spawn into game invisible to DMs.

For example, I used to place down wagons, corpses, blood stains, campfire, and place a vfx and light around them. VFX and lights working, it's the placeables with resref "plc_" that are missing.
Zelknolf wrote:
HEEGZ wrote:MS: DM creator not working at all, assume it's still on 1.89
Are you getting the new UI and nothing in it?
The new UI shows up, but clicking on fields and tabs does nothing. It is not interactive at all at the moment.
Last edited by HEEGZ on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

MS doesn't understand any of the commands, including #help
This means that ManagedScripts are down; MS is going to be nonfunctional until Foam or Cast can get to it. It is also why the new creator is unresponsive.

I can try to look into the others, though it would be particularly helpful if you know the resrefs of any of the specific things that are missing.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

For placeables, all resrefs starting with "plc_" are not showing up.

I have no idea on the traps. They show up in the menu, but don't spawn in game when I click on map. Similar to the item spawning where certain items weren't spawning in.I believe this was due to tags and resrefs not matching.

[edit]
Traps working as intended? Invisible to DMs spawning them in.
Last edited by HEEGZ on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

HEEGZ wrote:[edit]
Just checked triggers/traps on BG module, and majority of the traps have tags in all caps and resref in lower case.
Can you clarify what you're seeing here? I'm not aware of any circumstance under which you'd be able to see a trap's tag (as the tags should be TRAP_1, TRAP_2, TRAP_3, etc.)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

when you browse the traps, they have a trap tag like (total guess here):

T_EEACIDTRAP001

with a resref like this:

t_eeacidtrap001

a handful of epic and fatal traps had them both in lower case. Can't give you specific example at the moment because i'm back in the DM client
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Are you browsing in the toolset?

Because if so, those traps have no bearing at all on new ACR Traps. Standard traps live here now:
https://github.com/ALandFarAway/ALFA-Ba ... #L574-1404

And have no concept of tag until they're spawned.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Okay, looks like the placed effects were under a folder called EMPTY that I overlooked. Need to confirm on another server, they may be fine. The lights seem to be very few in number and I removed them from earlier post.

Cannot get any traps to spawn at all, tried about a dozen types/difficulties. Also, the placeables are not there. Teric has confirmed only custom placeables seem to be showing up in menus at the moment.

I was browsing the Traps in toolset, didn't realize new method not related. Confirming they are not spawning in game at the moment.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

OK, so traps are on the list-- but aren't doing anything (like, if you drop one on a creature, they take no damage).

Not even seeing OE placeables; not even seeing OE placed effects.
Seeing all custom placeables; seeing all custom placed effects.

Yes?
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Okay, so apparently the traps spawn in just fine, however they are completely invisible to DM avatars. Going to have to go back and double check I only tried spawning them into the DM areas...

Per Adanu, had to spawn a NPC rogue, possess, click spot to detect traps, then walk around until they showed up.