Dying bug

Scripted ALFA systems & related tech discussions (ACR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Dying bug

Post by Riotnrrd »

Someone reported a nasty bug today.

So, if you are attacked and get knocked below 1 HP, the monster will stop attacking you, which I believe is intended to keep them from finishing PCs off.

However, the monster will NOT then target another PC, he will stay focused on the dead PC but not hit him. This means other PCs can kick its ass and wont respond.

If this is true its very broken. 2 level 1 PCs could kill any target if the first falls.

Reported by DMyles, as witnessed recently against some ogres on Moonshaes.
[16:42] <Riotnrrd> whasssup d00000000de
[16:43] <DMyles> i have noticed a nasty bug with creature ai not sure what to do about it
[16:43] <Riotnrrd> what
[16:43] <DMyles> would be nice if it could get fixed but might be a ton of work
[16:43] <DMyles> the bug works like this
[16:43] <DMyles> if a creature puts you in negative hp
[16:44] <DMyles> and you go unconcious
[16:44] <DMyles> it will no longer attack you
[16:44] <Riotnrrd> yeah
[16:44] <Riotnrrd> its intended
[16:44] <DMyles> but won't leave your corspe and willl let your party member wail on it
[16:44] <Riotnrrd> oooooh
[16:44] <Riotnrrd> no, that needs to be fixed
[16:44] <Riotnrrd> its intended it doesnt attack you
[16:44] <DMyles> two lvl 1s could kill any single creature reguardless of challange rating
[16:44] <Riotnrrd> but it should pick someone else to attack
[16:44] <DMyles> doesn't
[16:45] <DMyles> me and jmecha killed an orge the other night wtih a +13/8 power attack
[16:45] <DMyles> it critted jmecha for like 41 then 59 and dropped him in two rounds
[16:45] <DMyles> i stabilized him and hacked it to death while it stood there
[16:46] <DMyles> i have seen this situation come up 4 times and it always works the exact same way on multiple servers
[16:47] <DMyles> i also bet if this ges fixed we will see a lot more pc death when playing with spawns
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Re: Dying bug

Post by Thangorn »

Witnessed this in action last night.. in addition the PC appears as dying in the fugue if they actually die..

Resurrect on corpse deletes corpse and moves dying PC (sans armour) to corpse spot, resurrect on dying PC does the actual rez.
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Sandermann
Rust Monster

Re: Dying bug

Post by Sandermann »

If HDMs are gonna go ahead and install the advanced AI i've done this shouldnt be a problem. something below 1 hp won't be treated as a valid target until theres nothing else left.

This is caused by an old ACR function that tells the NPC to not attack the dying PC but neglects to give it another target, so it gets confused.
PC: Liasola Dark Arrow
Ex PC: Arzit'el Tlabbar

Blindhamsterman : "I think Sand may have just won the internet"