Attribute Enhancement not Affecting Skills

Scripted ALFA systems & related tech discussions (ACR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

mogonk
Dire Badger

Attribute Enhancement not Affecting Skills

Post by mogonk »

I noticed this when using the warlock invocation Leaps and Bounds, that the Dex increase was not bumping my skills by 2 points, as it should. It's not merely that the increase isn't reflected on the sheet, it doesn't take effect in the game. When I was in combat, my parry check was 2 points lower than it should have been, etc. The AC and AB increase was just fine.

I later had Bear's Endurance cast on me, and the Con based skills were not showing an increase either.

Is this known? Didn't find info on the forums about it.
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Re: Attribute Enhancement not Affecting Skills

Post by Blindhamsterman »

odd, when i use ability enhance spells, my skills are effected normally, will try again and post what i find though.

Tested Bulls Strength and it effected skills as it should
my item that increases a stat effects my skills appropriately too.

Do you have any items that effect stats? don't forget ability increases from items don't stack with increases from spells (or didn't last i heard)
mogonk
Dire Badger

Re: Attribute Enhancement not Affecting Skills

Post by mogonk »

You're right about ability enhancement from items not stacking with spells. They shouldn't stack, they're both enhancement bonuses. I don't have any of those, though.

Well, I'm totally baffled now. I tested this thoroughly yesterday. Today I log on to check it again and it's working normally. Something was happening that is no longer happening. :|

So...nevermind.