Creatures flock when DM Spawned

Scripted ALFA systems & related tech discussions (ACR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

JaydeMoon
Fionn In Disguise

Creatures flock when DM Spawned

Post by JaydeMoon »

Creatures flock when spaned from the DM Creator.

Is this preferable? I know that I hate it. Can we make the default for these creatures to be 'not flocking'?

Server Spawns flocking is fine.
<Burt>: two dudes are better than one.

DMG v.3.5 p.6, 8, and 14

BEATZ
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Creatures flock when DM Spawned

Post by AcadiusLost »

The ACR Spawn system sets a number of pointers on spawned "children" that should allow scripts to tell if a given creature has a "parent" spawn waypoint or not. I can set the OnSpawn to look for this, and only enable wandering/flocking if it finds a spawn point parent.

Short term I should be able to bring this in as an alternate acf_cre_onspawn script for each of the Live servers, then migrate the behaviour into the core scripts next hak update.

Only problem would be with mobs that already use a custom OnSpawn script, who might not pick up the change until the core hak update. I'd guess 95% of mobs use the standard OnSpawn though, so the interim fix should be sufficient for most things, and migratable into other mobs on demand.
AcadiusLost

Post by AcadiusLost »

As I'd suspected, there is a pretty easy way to check whether a given creature has been spawned by a spawn point. I've written a fix that should disable flocking on all creatures who lack a "parent" spawn point (so anything created by a DM off the palette should be exempt from flocking).

Ran out of time to test this last night, but will try to squeeze the test in this evening. If it looks like it's working, I'll see about patching the fix into all three of the Live servers.
AcadiusLost

Post by AcadiusLost »

Patched the DM-spawned flocking fix into TSM last night; worked during limited testing in a local copy of the TSM mod, but if there are problems with it still, please post here so I can troubleshoot them.

Do Moonshaes and BG have the same problem / require the same patch?
AcadiusLost

Post by AcadiusLost »

Fix should now be in place for all three Live servers.