NWN2 Dimension Door?

Scripted ALFA systems & related tech discussions (ACR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: NWN2 Dimension Door?

Post by Brokenbone »

FRILLS BELLS WHISTLES, heheheh.... I'm not clear if anyone has already seen if the vanilla dealie works well enough in a normal ALFA mod, before getting fancy. Probably does, but I guess I just wondered if things like a "medium sphere" or where you point on the screen all translate okay into a game with a lot more Z-axis finesse than the old version had... and a lot of weird behavior with what I guess I'd think of as fog of war where you can't see thru walls.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
NESchampion
Staff Head - Documentation

Post by NESchampion »

Brokenbone wrote:FRILLS BELLS WHISTLES, heheheh.... I'm not clear if anyone has already seen if the vanilla dealie works well enough in a normal ALFA mod, before getting fancy. Probably does, but I guess I just wondered if things like a "medium sphere" or where you point on the screen all translate okay into a game with a lot more Z-axis finesse than the old version had... and a lot of weird behavior with what I guess I'd think of as fog of war where you can't see thru walls.
Again, hard to know without having coded it first to give it a try.
Current PC: Olaf - The Silver Marches
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

Code was all in a post awhile back, but someone like a Zelk would be the person I'd figure might've already integrated/tested on their lonesomes.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Brokenbone wrote:Code was all in a post awhile back, but someone like a Zelk would be the person I'd figure might've already integrated/tested on their lonesomes.
Zelk has. Zelk knows it works. Zelk knows exactly why. Zelk also sees this as relatively low-priority if compared to lower-level spells that would be accessible to a broader audience, and is unwilling to fight a fight over spell level or risk people complaining about the particular flavor of an enhancement, as there are now mutually-exclusive solutions on the table and doing nothing will not cause any problems. Zelk will, thus, likely remain distant from the issue and put work instead into improving TSM's overland map and into developing some DM tools.
NESchampion
Staff Head - Documentation

Post by NESchampion »

Zelknolf wrote:
Brokenbone wrote:Code was all in a post awhile back, but someone like a Zelk would be the person I'd figure might've already integrated/tested on their lonesomes.
Zelk has. Zelk knows it works. Zelk knows exactly why. Zelk also sees this as relatively low-priority if compared to lower-level spells that would be accessible to a broader audience, and is unwilling to fight a fight over spell level or risk people complaining about the particular flavor of an enhancement, as there are now mutually-exclusive solutions on the table and doing nothing will not cause any problems. Zelk will, thus, likely remain distant from the issue and put work instead into improving TSM's overland map and into developing some DM tools.
Sounds like a better use of Zelk's time to me. :D
Current PC: Olaf - The Silver Marches
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Possibilities:

Keep DD as-is, with line-of-sight. Delay the spell's onset one round, giving nearby players that much time to respond to a GUI pop-up asking if they'd like to go along for the ride. All players could be frozen and invulnerable ("in transit" with suitable VFX) during this time. If no response is given the default is to follow the caster, in case its being used to get out of a sticky situation and someone lags or gets confused.

Making two different spells accessibly via one memorized spell slot is easy.

I also made the teleport spell work like DD if it was targeted in the general area. My wizard used this on a few occasions to cross rivers and the like. I remember using it with a party for IC reasons (cross a canyon I think) and OOC (stuck due to a bad AT).

Never had any complaints.
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Post by Riotnrrd »

Ronan wrote:Possibilities:
WHAT THE HELL MAN WHO ARE YOU!!!??!!

(hi)
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »