ALFA Creatures

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

ALFA Creatures

Post by Riotnrrd »

Hi folks;

Long time no speakie. Question: What is the current status of NWN2 creatures and encounters? As some of you no doubt know, this is one of my interests... I'd like to be able to help out, and make sure all module builders have good creatures and encounters.
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Post by Riotnrrd »

So the answer in speaking with many of you is that yes, NESS exists in NWN2, but Ronan added his own scripts into the ACR that are allegedly superior (anyone have performance metrics to compare?).

I think I'm coming up with somewhat clever ways to use either system, but I need a Core Module that works with the ACR spawns. AL says he is working on a core module that will help with this... that would be great!

Also, I'd like to ask that I can get some help, if possible... I think Darren has made many excellent creatures, along with Souvarine? I checked many of them out... excellent work! We could work together to build the encounter tables and populate random encounters.

Loot needs to be done. XP and difficulty tested.

AI should be further discussed (disgust) at some point.

Overall, a much brighter outlook for NWN2 than I had hoped.
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Riotnrrd wrote: Overall, a much brighter outlook for NWN2 than I had hoped.
Good news. Nice to have you back Riot.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Just to point out that we didn't really create the critters but merely reviewed and added our scripts to the blueprints. Full credit to TheStoryteller01 and the huge amount of work he/she put into creating the blueprints.

I'd love to see some true-to-canon encounter tables. :)
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

yes please, canon random encounter tables 4tw!

I'm happy to assist to get these online any tedious work or testing involved, just let me know. What I'd like to see in order of priority -:

1. Hardcore scaleable AI (taking into consideration morale and intelligence)
2. Proper PnP version monsters.
3. Proper ALFA specific lewt scripts.
4. Terrain specific encounter tables.
5. Canon specific regional encounters.
6. Ambush tactics and traps coupled with random encounters.
7. Surprise "roll" implementation.
8. A ready database of spawnable monster camps that work with our spawn scripts.
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!