Low Level Loot Squad

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

darrenhfx
Beholder

Low Level Loot Squad

Post by darrenhfx »

I wanted to start a thread to enable us to get somewhat organized.

In the words of cipher:

"Right now, we don't need to worry about adding the full spectrum of magical items, since PCs will be at low levels for a while yet. But we do want to include as much low level content as possible, from equipment to jewelry, that players can purchase or get as loot drops.

Also, if we can add the M/W property (or investigate the OE solution that came with MotB), we should probably create M/W quality items and perhaps some +1's as well (sparingly)."

Naming standards should be maintained as should pricing standards, I'll post links to these shortly.

It would also be a good idea to check the existing items in the hak to make sure that we're not duplicating work.

If you want to claim a particular item-type, post below.

(if I'm forgetting to mention something, please post below)

Temporary List of Item Categories -

Armour/Clothing -
Weapons -
Potions -
Scrolls -
Rings/Amulets/etc. -
Misc. Magic Items -
Jewels -
Adventuring Gear -
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Thank you, Darren. Excellent job getting this thread started. We can use these items as soon as possible to populate 003 stores. My thanks to everybody involved in creating these.
Enjoy the game
Rusty
Retired

Post by Rusty »

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Sorry, I didn't follow Rusty. Is there something you wanted me to look at?
Rusty
Retired

Post by Rusty »

How does that relate to our earlier discussion, i.e. comptible, duplicated?
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

That script contains the function which computes the GP value of the drop, which would serve as the basis for determining what loot to generate using the formula we discussed. Nothing pertaining to loot drops has been coded.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Darren, do you need any assistance from me or Cipher at this stage? How are you going to divide up the low level loot building and who's on the squad?

Thanks!
Enjoy the game
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

*me knocks politely to see who answers the door
Enjoy the game
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Oops sorry, missed this one.

I plan on tackling this over the weekend. I've been in touch with Cipher and we're aiming to have it ready dday-7 (one week before the target date).

I'll get in touch with the others asap.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Just a quick update.

After consulting the DMG (p. 51-7 for those playing at home), treasure is divided into: coins, goods (gems & art objects), and items (mundane & magical).

I am currently working on converting the frcs gem collection originally issued for NWN1. We won't have all of the icons included for Live, but we should have most of the 80+ gems which should give a nice range of values.

Art objects tend to be at the higher end of the scale, but we can add some lower value rings, necklaces, etc to the mix.

I could swear that I saw a file that someone put together of all of the mundane adventuring gear listed in the phb. If someone could point out where that is to me, that would help the effort greatly.

I'm not going to touch magic items unless we feel it necessary to add a few to the low lootdrop table.

That leaves weapons and armour. I have edited the collection of rusted and rotten weapons that could be used in drops, so that leaves the 'normal' mundane weapons and masterwork items. Thomas mentioned that he had changed some of the item appearances, but I don't see modified weapons on the module items list. Maybe I could get a clarification on that.

I'm hoping to have these ready for the big cipher this weekend. If anyone wants to add to these loot drops, we could have herbs or other minor valuables for example, post below and stake your claim.
Rusty
Retired

Post by Rusty »

TT made PHB adventuring gear.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Yes he did. I'm quite sure we reviewed it (Souvarine?) and committed it. It's been...what...a year though?

I don't see it in our repository. Arg. I'll dig around and see if I can find it and send it to you Darren.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Darren, the erfs are on the Tech FTP (in ABR/Items). Access info is stickied in the tech staff forum if you need it.