Items: Using NWN2 stock items

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Hooray for Darren. :)

Looks like we've got the wondrous items in but none of the low end magical items and m/w variants. :?

FYI. I think M/W was added as a custom item property months back so if anyone creates a weapon or armor of M/W quality or better (magical), this property needs to be applied to the item. I believe the hang up was always with the toolset (ie custom properties weren't showing up), but I think we're finally past that problem.
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

Wonderous Items were an early side-project of mine, selected so as not to duplicate work with Ronan's toolset-plugin automated approach to standard magical weapons/armor.

Our haks currently do not contain any custom item properties of any kind- I believe we held off on these due to difficulties in compatibility with the toolset.

Masterwork weapons and armor are represented by different base item types in NWN2/MotB, so some clarification may be needed as to whether these should be used, modified, or ignored in favor of our own (incomplete) implementations.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

If someone wants to send me a file, I'll get at it.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

I remember Ronan's plugin, but it was compiled many versions ago. Unless someone has visual studio handy and is willing to recompile his code for the latest version (source files were on the tech ftp last I looked), I don't think it'll even work anymore. I'm not sure if the output would really be usable anyway, given how long ago he coded it.