ABR Plus? (community content, ABR-itized)

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

ABR Plus? (community content, ABR-itized)

Post by AcadiusLost »

Did we had thoughts on handling community content adapted as ABR material? I was going through the Faerunian Stained Glass off the vault, and I noticed that the 17 placeable blueprints it brought in were inconsistently named, tagged, basically a mess.

So, I credited the content creator in the Comments field, associated the acf_plc_* scripts, set resref/name/tag to fit ABR standards (abr_pl_sg_dietyname), gave them the only variable off the wiki that seemed immediately appropriate (breakage DC, called it a 15).

These still need work, 7 of the 17 are missing a texture, so they look pretty screwy. However, should these be made part of the ABR placeables? They'll need the proper hak in place to function, so they wouldn't be useable on the OAS2, for example. Should we distinguish between ABR base content, and ABR custom content (which requires our haks)? "ABR Plus" was just an idea for how we might distinguish them. Since the OAS2 is the only server that won't use our haks, maybe the distinction is an unneccesary one? Interested to hear some thoughts on it.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Excellent question. I think it'll be more of a pain to manage two sets of content than to simply add a caveat to the release notes about which blueprints require a HAK. The OAS team can simply ignore or delete those blueprints on import. Not sure how others feel about it though.
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

The simplier it is to log onto the OAS, the better.
Coming soon in a server near you.