Server specific items

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Arkan Bladesinger
Frost Giant

Server specific items

Post by Arkan Bladesinger »

Not exactly ABR stuff, but Darren asked me to post it, so here´s the tasklist on what I´m doing currently on Moonsea. The goal is to have server specific items as the headline says to add local flavour needed.
So far I´m on stage 1 so not actually building anything yet.
Stage 1 - Researching and writing lists of possible FR canon items for Zhentil Keep. The categories would be -:
* food and drink
* fashion and apparel
* weapons
* armour
* drugs, poisons and herbs
* trade and adventuring equipment
* miscellany

Stage 2 - writing descriptions for each item in the category
Stage 3 - making the items in the toolset. for this stage we would have to ensure we use alfa tagging/naming standards for each item
NWN2: Devon Sangraile
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Always good to know what folks are up and hopefully posting helps us avoid the dreaded duplication.

Just to review your list quickly, I'll assume that we're talking about mundane items for now;

Dorn had been looking into herbs awhile back so it might be nice to compare notes at some point with him.

ThinkTank has graciously assembled the vast majority of adventuring gear from the PHB, I believe 003 has it uploaded but we still have to finialize the package.

We have adapted TheStoryteller01's rusty/rotten weapons and shields that he/she included on Storytellers Customized Undead blueprints download from the Vault.

As has been mentioned in other threads, the problem with .tlk has put on hold our efforts to customize cost and weights. There are some other considerations to take into account if you want to tackle masterwork/magical items but we can leave those for another day (don't want bog you down at this point ;) )

If you have any questions about the process we'll be more than happy to help. If you want to have a look at items erf's that we have currently, I'll check with Cipher about making them available.

Have fun with your research!
Aelred
Builder

Post by Aelred »

Since you mentioned herbs...is Dorn deciding upon the list of canon herbs, names, qualities, pricing? I will PM him about this too but having seen the plant placeables in these links...

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=45

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=35

I was thinking that we could include specific plant placeables for specific herbs - so that it would be standardized across all servers?

Does the fact that they are still at 1.04 mean they will not work?
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

The notes provided by the author of the links you posted mention that they will be putting together an update shortly and that the files "shouldn't be affected by the patch version". This is GF territory but we would likely want to test them before we put them in play.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Very nice. Standardized plants for herbs would obviously be good. We have a rather long list of herbs (50 or more?) so having the tinting effects will give us more variety.

Have you downloaded the content and checked it out Aelred? We should post this on the HAK thread in the ACC forum for GF.