Where are we on an ABR Items release?

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Where are we on an ABR Items release?

Post by AcadiusLost »

I'm looking into trying to get a rudimentary Rewards system in place for the upcoming ACR update- seems the opinions on whether mobs should drop their weapons/ammunition have been mixed so far.

Do we have nonmagical, mundane weapons we could release as part of ABR Items? Is there a need for ABR versions of these, or should we just award from the standard palette? I'd expect the nonmagical end of things to be less whacked-out, but are there things we need that the standard (non-ABR) items would lack?

Do we want some non-weapon mundane items for random treasure tables? Handcarved goblets, crude stone statuettes, bone necklaces, smelly dried animal-toe totems? Just want to see what folks are thinking of in this respect. Seems all the discussion of late has put most spawn drops in the "below +1" range, so the higher-end toolsetting we've done isn't really applicable to a basic loot table.
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

For low level loot to be effective, there's got to be an absolute ton of it. Hence use the default low level loot.

What gets included is probably a discussion for Standards, but I'd think we need 2 main categories:

- Mundane (all non-magic weapons & armor, trinkets, jewels, gems)
- Misc Magic (potions, scrolls, bracers, belts etc)

Then for each of those categories we make a set of stores for all CRs from 1/4 to 5.

Then use a system like this one: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Sc ... il&id=2569
which allows you to set variables on mobs which draws treasure from the stores, placed in a remote location. Currently the functions that govern drawing items randomly from remote stores is broken, but they are fixing it in 1.07.

Well, that's how I'd do it.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

We're waiting on a TLK fix for masterwork and magical items and for anything costing less than 1 gp.