Current ABR Projects - Creatures, Items

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

darrenhfx
Beholder

Current ABR Projects - Creatures, Items

Post by darrenhfx »

Based on a discussion between Souvarine and myself, we thought it a good idea to post the progress of our work on creature and item ALFAization as we process the files for general release.

Thus far we're completed the Undermountain set of creatures and items submitted by Sheyjin (I'll post the total numbers of each category later).

This leaves Halrin's "elvesandhumans" file to be completed however we were waiting for word from Halrin that the file is in it's final submission state.

I'd also like to note here that any builders who wish to submit creature blueprints for general distribution are encouraged to contact myself or Cipher.
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

For future builders I'd also mention that it would be greatly appreciated if you'd look at the current standards for creature (or item) that are used atm. I am not certain that the wiki is totally up to date (Cypher?) on that stuff.

ALFAbetization of creatures is a long verification process, i am certain i could hear a few of my brain cells explode in agony :shock:. Be patient with us or die a fiery death, pretty please. More seriously, the more you help us (by caring to follow standards), the quicker we're be done with our task and the quicker the other servers will get their abr_cr files.

It is basically like an academy, we teach each blueprint (yes, even summoned brooms or tables if need be) their alfa tags, scripts and names...and also to avoid having metagame info on them. Upon graduation, we deem the blueprint alfabetized and ready for the job of acting in alfa, much like a player submission. They are all eager to serve you well (as cannon fodder in many cases, but don't tell em ok? they are sensible beings).
Coming soon in a server near you.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Yes, the Wiki should be up to date. On a side note, if you have some time to play test Souvarine, have a look here (ALFA 003 Beta thread):

http://www.alandfaraway.org/phpbbforum/ ... 621#424621

I want to know how the standards we adopted affect game play so we can make revisions (if needed) now rather than later. :)
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

playtesting? mmm sounds like something i know alot about.

I'll give it a look.
Coming soon in a server near you.