Content Creation: Books/Tomes

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Kildahr
Dire Badger

Post by Kildahr »

Hmmm, since I've still got a whole day till my computer should be in, I'll retype a few of the text files that I can remember from my sourcebooks and print offs on the FTP for you Cipher. I'll get the rest on as soon as possible.
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
ALFA Live PC: Kresk Randal (Pastoral of Chauntea 1)
Server: Sembia
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Thanks much. Every little bit counts. :)
Kildahr
Dire Badger

Post by Kildahr »

:roll: I just got off work, and it's pitch black outside.........at 5:00 in the afternoon.......... :?

I'll keep posting more as I retype them, still havn't found my gaming computer amid this cavern of cardboard boxes..........
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Take your time, there isn't any rush on this.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Shush you! Sooner is always better so we can close out these darn threads. :)
Kildahr
Dire Badger

Post by Kildahr »

Well, I feel very sad to say this, but it isn't looking like the rest of the books I typed are still saved. The three I retyped are still here, but the other eight are just gone, missing, I dunno what you want to call it. My work load from academics and a job after the holidays is only going to get worse, and seeing as how I only got 11 typed in two or three months, I don't feel that I can continue to dedicate time to continuing making these txt.files.

I'll apologize up front, I guess I bit off more than I could chew with my current lifestyle. If anyone was looking forward to these, then I'm gonna have to say I'm sorry to you too.

Sorry for this over the holidays, but I just don't feel like I can give this my all without taking away from my RL responsibilities.
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
White Warlock
Otyugh

Post by White Warlock »

Hi Kildahr, looks like you have your hands a bit full. I am willing to help you type stuff out. What are you converting, and to where?
Kildahr
Dire Badger

Post by Kildahr »

Actually, I can't figure out how to convert it over to NWN2 from a txt. file.

I've sent Cipher the few files that I could find, but the rest of my work seems to have disappeared...........might have accidentally deleted it when I was cleaning my folders, but I can't be sure.

I was researching the above mentioned posts that the folks saw some intrest in (Military stuff for the Citadel, the Moonshae region, and a few of the more interesting stories off the forum library). Past that, I've not had much else done.
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Just got back from Xmas vacation so sorry for the delay. Kildahr, did you upload those files to the FTP server? I've only ever seen three up there, though I can't be sure if the three that are there now are the same that were there before. If you did upload all 8 of them, then maybe Bool might know if they got deleted and if they can be recovered.

WW, there's no specific guidance to offer you other than what's been requested here on this thread. These books are really just for flavor (although it may help to educate players about canon events/history), so anything on the history of Faerun and its people or organizations are fair game. Refer to the ALFA library for ALFA canon. And if you can actually make the book blueprints in the toolset, so much the better. Just upload the UTI files corresponding to the blueprints to the FTP server as you create them.
White Warlock
Otyugh

Post by White Warlock »

honestly, i'm still a bit stumped as to what to do, thus my failure to act. I read Ronan's earlier post on the steps to take, so later in the week i'll try to 'decipher' it. :P
ALFA - A Land Full of [blank]

Tarr Jhaan (Tarr o' de Authalar clan o' Jhaan o' de order o' T'ard Harr) - retired
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Its pretty simple, you just give us text in some format where we can cut and paste it into NWN2 (ie, notepad). It should be plain text, with the following tags used for formatting if you want them: <i></i>, <b></b>, <color=Gold></color>, <color=Magenta></color>, <color=Red></color>, <color=Purple></color> and <color=Orange></color>.
White Warlock
Otyugh

Post by White Warlock »

Ronan, can you explain to me how i can actually put it into a book or scroll via the toolset? Would love to learn this and it would definitely add an element of entertainment for me to provide said content in this fashion.
Sheyjin
Kobold Footpad

Here are some books I need

Post by Sheyjin »

Self-Immolation in Nine Easy Steps

The immolation book, authored by the Charred Flesh Society (a front for the Dragon Cult) is a flashy way of committing suicide, and is more of a curiosity than a valuable tome and may sell for 50 gp in a reputable store. However, if the store clerk is a Dragon Cultist, then the book may fetch a higher price along with a bounty on the seller’s body. Several copies of this obscure tome are used by the cultist as part of a two-book cipher to encode and decode secret messages between members. Possessing one of these books may allow someone to break the cipher, threatening the cultist moles within various “good” organizations.

Practical Candle Burning Rituals

The candle book applies to Wizards, Clerics, and Witches (Druids) that use candles in their rituals.The candle book is exceedingly rare known to be written in the later days of the Raumathar Empire. A good copy of this book may fetch 1,500 gp in a reputable store within a large city.

Witchcraft Theory and Practice (a Practical Street Guide

The witchcraft book is much sought in Aglarand and Vaasa where the book can fetch 500 gp or more in a reputable store. Possession of such a tome may be illegal (such as in Vaasa, where the “dead” Witch Kings still hold power) in some parts of the Realms

or something along these lines..
People have been trying for 1000's of years, to conquer my domain. But, there is only one Master. If you feel brave and bold come try. I need what you have to offer.. Your treasures and corpses...
White Warlock
Otyugh

Post by White Warlock »

hehe, fun. anyone else have book concepts to present?

Still hoping to gain insight in how to create a book in nwn2. If anyone knows how to do it, can u make a quick video? Free video capture prog right here: http://www.camstudio.org/ . will add the video to alfa's upcoming lyceum.