Content Creation: Creatures

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Completely awesome work. Well done.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Souvarine will hopefully be done with his revisions by next week. Sheyjin has created a second batch with yet more critters, so stay tuned. A release is just around the corner. :)
Sheyjin
Kobold Footpad

Post by Sheyjin »

Ok update sent to the ftp.. I have not got the Skeletons and teh Humanoids fixed yet..
People have been trying for 1000's of years, to conquer my domain. But, there is only one Master. If you feel brave and bold come try. I need what you have to offer.. Your treasures and corpses...
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

Humans and Elves will be finished today, sorry for the wait folks

a known issue is that I've given them all equipment from the stock palette, this is how I will be uploading them. The humans look fine that way in my opinion but some of the elves, and especially the drow look a little.. off.. in the stock gear. In any case they can be altered with alfa basemod armors when the time is right.

another issue is that as of 1.04 alot of helmets appear as hats, so if theres some fighters with odd hats, thats the cause. I believe this is a known issue and should eb fixed in the next patch, so I left the helmets on a number of them.

Just finishing the female elves as we speak and it will be uploaded before the end of the day EST,
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

Uploaded 151 humans and elves, I've gone over them twice but there may be some minor inconsistencies here or there in skillpoints or the like, nothing too troublesome.

If there are significant problems with them let me know and I'll do what I can.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Only one serious oversight and some other minor ones. PM sent. Nice job.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Just a note to all those concerned that an ABR creature release is right around the corner. Darren and Souvarine have been hard at work getting blueprints prepped. I've done some preliminary reviews on some of the work, and my compliments to the both of you. Outside of a few minor errors, it really looks terrifically consistent. :)

I'll also be providing a new XML GUI for the DM creator to facilitate spawning the ABR critters and examining their character sheets on the fly. In game, creatures won't have any floating text above their heads, and having actually seen this in game, I believe it really adds a level of immersion we have not had before. Some other nifty little goodies to come along this same vein as well.

Anyway, I know some of you are eagerly awaiting this release and I haven't said much in the past couple of weeks. We're almost there so thanks for being patient.
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

Goody gumdrops.
But you failed to say when it'll be out though. :twisted:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

The next couple of days is as close as I can approximate.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Glad the only errors were minor ones. :)

Massive tip of the hat to Sheyjin for putting these together and for Souvarine for heliping us get them to a ready state.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Ok quick update. I've gone through and reviewed/fixed all blueprints where I felt it was necessary. That part is thankfully complete. If not for a botched upload on my part, I'd release the files. Unfortunately, uploads to sourceforge only purge once every 24 hours and uploaded files cannot be overwritten, so I cannot fix the mistake until that window of time expires. :? Expect a release within the next 24 hours. My apologies for the unnecessary delay.

What I'm trying to sort out in the mean time is the GUI (for DMing). I ran into an unexpected snag and am trying to figure out the best way to resolve it.
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

Hurrah, twentyfour hours to go.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Snag fixed. Crisis averted. Champagne on ice. :)
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Ok critters are now up on the project download page:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=160451

I've elected to stuff them into the v1.0 ABR release as I see little point in re-releasing the existing content. The release notes have been updated to account for the additions.

I've also included some GUI changes in a User Interface package, which includes the XML and respective scripts (what's functional so far anyway), that primarily supplements the critters release. The release notes highlight the changes.

If you have any questions or experience any problems, please let me know.
Rusty
Retired

Post by Rusty »

Awesomesauce.