Content Creation: Placeables

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

News please.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

Rusty
Retired

Post by Rusty »

Uh, some other Russian's poisoned as well; the Pope's in Turkey... Very earliest I'm going to look at this is Sunday evening.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Since Rusty's having internet problems, I'm not sure where he's at with this. I'll pick it up.
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

ç i p h é r wrote:Since Rusty's having internet problems, I'm not sure where he's at with this. I'll pick it up.
Thanks muchly
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

No problem Blackwill. I'll compile a list of issues/questions and go over them with you when I'm done.

I'm still a bit worried about having the global OE blueprints available to builders in the base mod and having duplicates of them as module blueprints. This is bound to cause some confusion and result in errors. I'd like to see what happens when/if we modify the globals directly to discover if there is a way to replace (or override) global blueprints w/o having to meddle with the Templates.zip file. I think it would be perfect if updated global blueprints would just be bundled with the module when saved; This behavior would be well suited for the basemod.

Something to look into.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

PMed you my notes, Blackwill.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Any progress Blackwill?
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

165 ABR placeables courtesy of Blackwill:

Additional placeables with interactive effects are pending.
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

Blackwill, do you have the sittable chairs off the vault incorporated yet? Would it be helpful to have our own script to accomplish the same? I don't expect there is that much to it, I can have a look at the scripts later this week if necessary, but I expect it's something every server could use.
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Awesome Blackwill. Thank you.
Rusty
Retired

Post by Rusty »

Good stuff, Otherdorn.
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

The chairs I made should be linkable with a script we deem fit to make them sit. If the script's out there, it'll work. At least, that's how much I know of scripting.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Thanks BW.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

AcadiusLost wrote:Blackwill, do you have the sittable chairs off the vault incorporated yet? Would it be helpful to have our own script to accomplish the same? I don't expect there is that much to it, I can have a look at the scripts later this week if necessary, but I expect it's something every server could use.
AL, if you'd like to write it up, we can incorporate it into ACR. I agree, there shouldn't be much to it. I suggest adding it right into the ACR_PlaceableOnUsed() event handler in acr_placeables_i (core_systems/events/placeables) if the object being acted on is a chair/bench/stool. Thanks.
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

I'll have a look at it, though it may need to know what height to seat the PC at (as well the size of the PC) in order to not have them floating above or sitting "inside" a given chair/stool. If so, some individual attention is likely necessary for each "useable" sitting placeable.

I'll update when I get a chance to look at them, would be great to see them all worked out and packaged with the ABR though, saves each server having to reinvent the wheel.