Base Mod Content Thread: Waypoints

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Wynna
Dungeon Master

Base Mod Content Thread: Waypoints

Post by Wynna »

This post will summarize all waypoint suggestions for the NWN2 ALFA Base Mod. General and specific suggestions welcome but please read the summary before suggesting new waypoints or their specific details.

Thank you.

Summary

NESS
Ulias's XES Extreme Weather
NPC Activities
ALFA Random Encounter system
Last edited by Wynna on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Enjoy the game
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

I wrote in the Encounters thread:
I'd like to see a slate of low, mid and high level encounters set up, with variable chances of spawning, variable monster types and variable numbers in each, so that one encounter set down can have a hundred permutations. Although I presume this is a NESS issue and so will duplicate it in the waypoints thread, I know that there are other various encounter systems out there that may or may not use the encounter category in toolset, so I await gentle instruction on this issue before adding it to the summary.
Obviously, my suggestion here is NESS in general. I'd also like to see the Tech Team contribute here to inform us as to which of the current wonders in the ACR is waypoint driven. Weather? Extreme Weather & Altitude?
Enjoy the game
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Ulias' XES (eXtreme Environment System) is waypoint driven. The only weather system I've seen also uses waypoints - I assume it came from ACR.
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

NPC Activities - This is a very easy to use waypoint based activity system for NPCs. It comes with a host of built in activities which builders can use "out of the box". It would be worth spending some time taking the best aspects of this system and building those into NESS (into the patrol route script). Then you have one system that does it all, and builders don't have to pick and choose between using NESS or NPCA.
Baalster
Brown Bear

Post by Baalster »

This may not be the correct thread, but I didn't see one on spawn system. Since NESS is waypoint driven (+ local variables on the area), I put it here.

ALFA Random Encounter system, based on the encounter tables in the Forgotten Realms DM booklet. For each terrain-type (local var on the area, or other ways of identifying it - may not be not easy without tileset/type)

So all a builder have to do, is to put in alfa_spawn and a rating of how difficult the encounter should be. Of course rooted in canon if possible.

Baalster
HDM 081 Whitehorn
Castles in the air - they are so easy to take refuge in. And so easy to build, too.
Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

Nice work here. Which systems are going to get revised and which are going to be "exported" as are?