Base Mod Content Thread: Placeables

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

even more good news from the custom content department.
Arshoon: With pieces of armor showing now, how difficult will it be to make custom pieces, crests and so on and add them to the game?

[OEI]JESawyer: I don’t know how difficult attachments will be... probably easier than other things because they are not skinned...

[OEI]nchap> Arshoon: I am not 100% sure on the pipeline for attachments, but I can say that in general the skill requirements for making models in NWN2 will be higher than NWN. It’s just a fact of life in making a “next-gen” game with stuff like normal mapping, tintmapping, etc. etc.

Arshoon> Not skinned? How do you do the textures of armor pieces? Lets say I want to make a custom breastplate and add the Purple Dragon of Cormyr to it.

[OEI]JESawyer: You should be able to set that up entire in Max, I believe.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Don't know if this belongs here, but I'll shoot.

A. Outdoor placeables tints....
Boulders especially, come in only two colors, and aren't tintable with the pallet...anyway to make them tintable? I find using these boulders, inside..ruins and caves, works well, but the color doesn't match the surroundings. Not a very big deal, but would be nice to modify these placeables.

B. Placeables not offered....
Blood spatters....loved them in NWN, not available atm for NWN2
Spidar webs... Possible range in sizes..small, medium, large...

Will update as I think of things.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"