Base Mod Content Thread: Items

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Thangorn wrote:silver weapons vs lycanthropes, unseelies, etc.
cold iron weapons vs phantoms, planar critters, etc.
torches, oil vs trolls, etc.
I think silver and cold iron can be applied as Damage Reduction on creature blueprints. So only these items would penetrate the DR. It should be that simple anyway. Troll sensitivity to fire and acid can be applied as vulnerabilities so they take extra damage. Troll regeneration is another matter though...

Definitely noteworthy items.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

got scripts for trolls we can probably have a shot at emulating in NWN2.. reason I brought this up here is because these things would need an alfa wide tagging system if they were to be implemented.
No point in having silver weapons that work on one server but not another. They also make great low-level "magical" rewards IMO.
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Items placed in the 'DM Area'

Vis and sound FX wand.
To include standard spells and sounds as now.
To include shape change for the DMs/NPCs.
To include ability to remove sounds/visual effects.

Exp Wand
Include Simplified exp awards - at the moment many just award using the Bonus RP
Include automated ECL reductions in awards (ie DM awards all players tha same but ECL races get automated reduced amount for quest/static/RP/all exp so makes easier on DMs - there is talk of including the use of many ECL races in ALFA2 so maybe we set these at the beginning to account for this. (maybe this is a mod script rather than a wand script? *shrugs*)

General DM wand
It's not to bad as it is i dont think. But certainly others will have additional interests.
To include automatic Setfaction commands?

Set 'x' wand
IF INCLUDED IN NWN2 have a wand that allows the Dm to easily change appearance/descriptions/stats etc (maybe include in general DM wand)
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
Magonushi
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Magonushi »

Dorn wrote:Include automated ECL reductions in awards (ie DM awards all players tha same but ECL races get automated reduced amount for quest/static/RP/all exp so makes easier on DMs - there is talk of including the use of many ECL races in ALFA2 so maybe we set these at the beginning to account for this. (maybe this is a mod script rather than a wand script? *shrugs*)
Isn't NWN2 supposed to correctly modle ECL races anyways? No need to extra coding where it isn't required.
Current PC: Helga Hornraven
Next PC: Coming Soon
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Magonushi wrote:Isn't NWN2 supposed to correctly modle ECL races anyways? No need to extra coding where it isn't required.
It has PrCs too. *IF* Bioware did what we want, then it's fine. If not, we need to fix it or live with it.
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Magonushi wrote:Isn't NWN2 supposed to correctly modle ECL races anyways? No need to extra coding where it isn't required.
I believe they publicly stated that they were introducing a *revised* ECL system. Go figure.
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

It may be good - WotC's made some decent calls. In any case, we'll see when we see.

Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Not sure if this goes in Items, but can we have an onEnter that strips Bioware items and flags non-server tagged items to the logs? Players should damn well police servers of illegal loot if the mod steals it ;)

Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

Pretty much the first page all goes in the basemod as they are on use items. Hopefully they are exported and we just need to transfer the on use script to the appropriate equivelent in NWN2 . Some of those items will not exist out of the box. That will determine what we can and cannot get to right away.

We should store a list somewhere of the items people wanted so that as the proper item becomes available we can add the script and put it into the basemod as a hak update.

The second page went off track i believe a bit although Fionn raises an interesting point about Roguish abilities..and mods as the super rogues. PC loggs in PC has his everything but his shorts ripped off. :lol:
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

Player AFK widget

I've noticed a few times now, some players tend to think they can go afk for as long as they like while being ingame. I think it's reasonable that players have any kind of reason to go afk.

I'm used to players haveing AFK widgets, which ALFA lacks. It's simple. This item gets spawned onto each player when his PC is created (or when the PC lacks the item). This item is activeted, and an afk signal is posted around the PC.
I've seen a kind of magical spelled AFK spiral around the PC when this was activated. When the PC moves or takes any action, the AFK item is immediatly deactivated. I'd love to see this included into the Base Mod.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

All in one DM wands

I don't think this is a good idea. I'd rather have 5 wands (two rings, cloak, wand, shield, belt, whatever to put it onto your DM avatar). Have them seperated into a few commonly used systems.

Main DM wand, Sound and visual effects wand, NPC action and faction wand, server mechanics wand, XP wand (group xp, area xp, RP xp, etc.). Probably some more I forgotten.

Make them all non dropable btw.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

The desire to have one wand is mostly born out of organizational necessity. When things are scattered into many smaller fragments, it's hard to remember what all those fragments are in order to use or control them, where they are located (palettes/choosers) to obtain or reference them, or even what each fragment does to know which one to activate.

The same effect you're after can be accomplished by having one wand with a menu that represents the main subsets you would otherwise represent as fragments.

If you'd like to discuss this, let's move the discussion into a separate thread.
Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

summarized
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

AFK: Please no - in addition to possible exploits (bump PC, kill and claim they were't AFK), I just *hate* the spirally in public. If we do this, it should jump the PC to Q or some such. This now brings up the possiblity of using it to functionally combat log (AFK until NESS despawns).

DM Wand: Pretty easy to make a universal wand, then other widgets that tie into the scripts at lower levels. DM Wand does it all, FX rod just does VFX, XP rod does XP, ....

Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

ALFA potions (at DMG pricing)
ALFA scrolls (both divine and arcane at DMG pricing)