Base Mod Content Thread: Items

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

If on use items have a corresponding script needed with them then the script name should be placed in the comments section or same if it needs a certain spell called to make the desired effect..

We have a lot of unusable items (itleast for me) because I dont know what the call is for the onuse when building
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Add Trade Scrolls - it sux to need 20K in scrolls to level and have spells ;) Hopefully we can group them common, uncommon, rare so every Wiz doesn't have every spell.

OC - usually an item with a single onUse fuction has is tagged with the script name. Our master onActivate has a line that says ExecuteScript(GetTag(oItem)); This way you don't need to update the onActivate function every time you add an herb.
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

One of the things that will need to be incorporated into our items in the basemod will be the pricing standards. We should provide as much variety as possible in a blueprint format to cut back on the time spent by builders figuring out pricing of items. If we can get 75% of it into the basemod (im speaking of non-mundane) it will make things much easier. IMO.
ThinkTank
Delayed Epic Fael

Post by ThinkTank »

Rope & grapples
FatboyT
Shambling Zombie

Post by FatboyT »

straw hats and oriental armor would be nice to see retained

also, I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but the one thing I enjoyed with ALFA over every place else was the VFX effects for sheathed weapons, so if that effect can be kept...
<ArielT> I wouldn't be suprised if Poli-Sci classes were given the ALFA boards to read as homework.

<Amy Woodwalker> "His own people cant even stand the f@cker"
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

Is there an ETA?
Also, The Moonsea team would like to do the Zhentarim uniform and weapons. This could then be included, as the Zhents are after all a global faction.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

None. The big hurdle has been pricing magical items so the only thing we've got at this juncture that we can release is mundane gear.
Rusty
Retired

Post by Rusty »

As far as I am concerned, we're about done with pricing revision. However, this is potentially subject to imminent change, so we're just going to have to hold for a while longer.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

BW by all means upload your Zhent garb and weapons once you have them ready. They'll be a great addition for all servers. Any idea how many blueprints you'll have in total?
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

I have no idea, but I'm waiting on KalevD to get back to me what he's already done. Then I'll get cracking at the rest. I imagine there should be at least 25-30 items.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

In addition to the Wonderous Items I toolsetted a while back, I've been making a few standard items that interface with our resting scripts (small tent, bedroll, generic spellbook, generic holy symbol).

With regard to pricing, how are we handling this? There was some talk of adding a Value Item Property via the 2das, but I'm not sure if this went through or not. I've also heard rumors of the GetGoldPieceValue() script only reporting based on the "base cost" and not the one modified by the "extra cost" field- which may only be a problem for logging at this point.

We also had the snag with tag-based activatable items, in that their scripts cannot be called from inside the haks, so we're currently looking at having to deal with all mods carrying a load of abr_it_xxxx.nss type scripts in their lists, unless we change our approach. Thoughts on these?
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

AcadiusLost wrote:With regard to pricing, how are we handling this? There was some talk of adding a Value Item Property via the 2das, but I'm not sure if this went through or not. I've also heard rumors of the GetGoldPieceValue() script only reporting based on the "base cost" and not the one modified by the "extra cost" field- which may only be a problem for logging at this point.
It doesn't appear to be a problem anymore. I just tested the darn thing and prices appear to be adjustable up or down entirely with the toolset. Entering a positive value to ADDITIONAL COST adds the base cost to the additonal cost, and entering a negative number subtracts the additional cost from the base cost. GetGoldPieceValue() returned 100 in the former case and 0 in the latter. So, as far as I can tell, we don't need any customization. It's all good.
AcadiusLost wrote:We also had the snag with tag-based activatable items, in that their scripts cannot be called from inside the haks, so we're currently looking at having to deal with all mods carrying a load of abr_it_xxxx.nss type scripts in their lists, unless we change our approach. Thoughts on these?
But ExecuteScript() works for all standard resources packaged with the game, which are not IN the module either, so I wonder if we can distribute these in a Scripts.zip, which can be dropped into the Data folder of the server. I tested this idea with Templates.zip (blueprints) earlier and interestingly, the toolset loaded all the blueprints at start up and listed them as GLOBAL. While that's not really ideal for blueprints - mixes ALFA and OE content - it could be a nice solution for server side scripts if it treats it in much the same way.