Purpose of This Forum

Development of standard ALFA palettes (ABR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Wynna
Dungeon Master

Purpose of This Forum

Post by Wynna »

The Base Module will be the most important NWN2 building tool in ALFA. Admin envisions it as a complete package stuffed with every global creature, item, placeable, script and area in ALFA. Each toolset category full of content will be kept as an erf that is updated by the Tech Team with global changes and maintained on a central resource. A scripting and/or building member of each DM team will be responsible for downloading and installing these updated global erfs. (The scripting and/or building member(s) will also be part of a pool of all the other scripting and/or building members(s) from each server and this pool will be part of the Tech Team, and responsible for bringing cool ideas from their own server to the attention of the team for possible global development.)

The Tech Team will create the Base Mod, but here's everybody's chance to have a say in global ALFA content. Threads will be posted in here for brainstorming on content for every toolset category. The first post in every thread will be a summary post. Please make sure that your suggestions are completely thought through. If you suggest (for instance) an item in the item thread such as drugs that require scripting, make a matching suggestion in the scripting thread for that required scripting.

Time to get started on formulating ALFA's NWN2!
Enjoy the game
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Just want to say, I think this forum is a terrific idea Wynna. :)
Murky Majare
Rust Monster

Post by Murky Majare »

My idea/vision, or rather... our idea/vision is that the basemod, acr and haks will hang together as one "content".

Which means that we cannot just put all and everything into it, but it needs to be as implemented as possible.

The Mod-Hak-Acr should contain the different OOC areas and sample areas, pluss stuff like ALFA made items, scripts, creatures etc.

For all this to come into place, we need teams to work on the different aspects of this.

Items for example:
We need to define the rules for making items - job #1, and then have someone make them - job #2.

The basemodacrhak will have to follow closely the standards we decide on.
Check out Alfa Library for Shards of Chaen-luiure
12. January - Added several new chapters

Met: 34 -
http://home.broadpark.no/~kstrande/met.htm