ALFA 024 - Proposal - The Shining Sea

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Hyme
Brown Bear

Re: ALFA 024 - Proposal - The Shining Sea

Post by Hyme »

boombrakh wrote:I know this goes against the fundamental views of ALFA, but how about we just trust people not to exploit things and then maybe do something about it if it becomes a problem? I know "trust" is a curse word around here, but I mean, instead of assuming everyone will go scouting with their DM-avatars and then go "stomping" with their PCs we just give people the benefit of a doubt and correct the ones that can't handle responsibility? Either that, or we assume everyone is guilty of everything and we spend tons of resources building walls to prevent anyone from doing anything. Resources that could be way better spent somewhere else.

But hey, ALFA isn't ALFA if we're not making rules about stuff, right?
I agree with this.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

Great work duncan!
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

What happened with this?
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Currently dead in the water. I'm presently focusing on DMing on BG. There is a chance building may resume but we shall see.