The Crafting Dungeon Master or "CDM"

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Re: The Crafting Dungeon Master or "CDM"

Post by Castano »

Galadorn, I suggest you submit an application to DM on a server Bu does not currently play on.

Once approved I'm sure you can:

(1) Send a report to the relevant server's HDM for whatever item and PC is crafting so that the necessary approvals and controls are there
(2) validate the player onto the server you DM on and give them the item and deduct the gp/xp and make sure they spend the necessary amount of time offline
(3) have that player move back to their home server

Whoever will DM crafting for your PC should submit an app for MS or BG.
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Yes, sounds like a cool suggestion - i'll try to get the damn toolset working! :( ...doubtful... but good thoughts.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Galadorn wrote:Yes, sounds like a cool suggestion - i'll try to get the damn toolset working! :( ...doubtful... but good thoughts.
Write down your questions, if you have any. Doubly so if you read one of our tutorial or help documents and have no clue how to follow them.

We largely don't have good tutorials because we don't know what people don't know, and don't know how successful the tutorials we already have are.

(that and apathy among the people who can write them, but we waste what bit of willingness we get for lack of direction too)
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Castano wrote:Galadorn, I suggest you submit an application to DM on a server Bu does not currently play on.

Once approved I'm sure you can:

(1) Send a report to the relevant server's HDM for whatever item and PC is crafting so that the necessary approvals and controls are there
(2) validate the player onto the server you DM on and give them the item and deduct the gp/xp and make sure they spend the necessary amount of time offline
(3) have that player move back to their home server

Whoever will DM crafting for your PC should submit an app for MS or BG.
This also will not go over very well.

I was I must say very wrongfully accused of being dishonest when I tried something similar to what you suggest above.

One of the reasons I proposed the CDM idea in the first place.

Apparently even when everything is legitimate, it is VERY taboo to eveb ask to get an item brought into the game cross-server.

Yes, I understand why. But do people really think i'm cheating? lol

Short story:
Bu got commissioned on serverA for an item by a serverA PC.
Bu did RP for this simple item on serverB.
Galadorn could find no one on serverB to implement item into the module.
Galadorn asked a DM on serverA, for help getting an item in game. Since the actual item "geting in game" is OOC, a technical thing.
Galadorn ended up being called dishonest, among other things, by someone else who had nothing to do with the entire transactions. Which makes me wonder what the hell is being said about me in fact on Forums I cannot even access. :(

True story:
Galadorn, in discussion with serverA DM about item prices/costs, etc... just simply did not tell DM of serverA that the item was enchanted on serverB (the RP was done on serverB...The misunderstanding came when serverA DM assumed the RP was done on serverA) because Galadorn so wrongfully once again assumed everyone involved trusted him. I did not at all nor ever would "with hold" information for ANY reason - once again, I did not conciously NOT tell the DM that information... not at all, and i CAN see how someone might THINK I did, but I did not. I just thought who I was talking with either:
1.) knew that Bu does his crafting on serverB, and/or (because that's where he does, and even the PC of that player knows the same thing IC!) :)
2.) trusted there was no shady business going on (which there never ever was)
...so the conversation continued with a few PMs, with serverA DM thinking Bu did the RP on serverA, and Galadorn thinking "it does not matter what server the RP was done on, since Galadorn is not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, ever, and the RP was done legitimately, and all he needs it a silly item popped into any module which is 100% OOC, so who cares right?, so he can get it, and give it to the customer".... sigh

....so the reality is, ANY DM should be able, if willing, to bring items into the game for anyone else no matter what server the legitimate RP was done on. Know what I mean?

Thus: The proposal for the CDM was born! :)

I so did not want this thread to devolve into this, and it was going well until here. lol

Bottom line is:
Castano, you suggest (like i assumed long long ago to be 'Ok' as well since, well, it SHOULD be), someone with approval to do it (like any DM, on any server, and also a CDM if one ever gets the position)....

That ANY DM CAN in fact bring items into one server... and give them to any PC that did the RP on another server.
Corrrect?

If people start to agree with this, then the accusations against me were even more hurtful and insulting. :( But, what can ya do. Only played here for 10-11 years, i can see where the mistrust comes eh? :roll:
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

that's why I added "(1) Send a report to the relevant server's HDM for whatever item and PC is crafting so that the necessary approvals and controls are there"

You would simply have to wait for permission before handing the item out under my proposal. Sometimes server DM teams take breaks or are busy. In those instances we have helped each other out when asked DM to DM. This is the same thing, only the information flow goes in reverse....

Dear HDM of ServerB,

PC on server B has made an item and states that they have completed the necessary RP for it. Can I, as a DM on server A import it for them, verify its pricing and properties, hand it to them and then send them back to server B with the item?

Yours truly,

Galadorn

Dear Galadorn:

No this player has not completed their RP.

-or-

Yes, this player has completed all IC requirements to make the item, thank you for handling this for us.
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies