Server Proposal: 0zz Gauth Grottos and Netherese Caverns

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Heero
Beholder

Server Proposal: 0zz Gauth Grottos and Netherese Caverns

Post by Heero »

I have no idea where that old server division map is located so I do not know which server area this falls under; however, these are the areas I am currently building and will most likely be the only areas currently built even if whatever that old area is contains more.

Areas

Gauth Grottos

Located below the Far Hills in the easternmost edge of the Western Heartlands, the Gauth Grottos are the location of the middledark, drow metropolis and Underdark trading mecca of Sshamath. Sshamath is unique amongst drow cities in that it is not dominated by Lolthian clergy; while Lolth has a presence in the city, he cities leadership consists of a council of powerful wizards representing various schools of the arcane. The city, largely unknown on the surface worlds, holds a large market where all denizens of the Underdark come to peddle wares. Though the city is both open to merchants and other races and not under the sway of Lolth, its drow inhabitants are every bit as xenophobic and scheming as those residing in Lolth-dominated cities. The city also contains a respectable population of duergar, amny working as indentured smiths working towards the production of arms, equipment and magic items for the drow wizards.

The rest of the grottos outside the main trade way are a web of caverns housing unknown and dangerous monsters, including hives of gauth, and other beholderkin, raiders preying upon the trade flowing in and out of Sshamath. Further up the caverns, closer to the surface in the upperdark, lay the remains of ruined Oghrann, one of the first dwarven realms established in the
North by shield dwarf emigrants from Shanatar.

Netherese Caverns

A large expanse of upperdark caverns equaling the size of the Gauth Grottos, the Netherese Caverns are the location of the ruins of Philock, a Netherese survivor state founded after Netheril’s fall. Long since abandoned, something evil haunts these ruins that has grown increasingly powerful in the centuries since its release. It preys upon all who dare to plunder the grottoes of the dead. The caverns outside Philock are host to many other secrets guarded by denizens of the deeps.

All sorts of good fun (read: death) lay in wait in this lovely caverns, but I aint gunna tell you people what it is as thatll spoil the fun.

The Team

Heero.

It was suggested to me that proposal, and hopefully acceptance, of this server may or may not elicit support in the form of volunteering builders and/or DMs.

The goal

The goal of this project is to create a dedicated place for native Underdark PCs to play, campaign, and enjoy.

Progress is being made. Now that my obsession with Skyrim has subsided, I am back at it in the toolset. Help would be appreciated though, else Ill be lucky to get something up by this time next year.

That’s it. Questions?
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Server Proposal: 0zz Gauth Grottos and Netherese Caverns

Post by CloudDancing »

Better to call the server "The Underdark" and pick up whatever content the last three people who attempted it maybe finished for reuse.

As well there is probably nearly a whole server in that folder if you combine it with Skullport.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

People would love you forever if you were willing to extend that border westward and absorb Skullport into your hive mind. It's claimed, but I think (and Curm can correct me if I'm wrong) that the server's been inactive long enough as to not really count.

Also, you can try to poach the old Underdark / Skullport DM roster for warm bodies to hold wands and run plots.
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

Cloud_Dancing wrote:As well there is probably nearly a whole server in that folder if you combine it with Skullport.
One would think, but yeah not really...

Zelknolf wrote:People would love you forever if you were willing to extend that border westward and absorb Skullport into your hive mind. It's claimed, but I think (and Curm can correct me if I'm wrong) that the server's been inactive long enough as to not really count.

Also, you can try to poach the old Underdark / Skullport DM roster for warm bodies to hold wands and run plots.
I do not wish to take on the building of two cities and their interiors along with factions, static content, npcs, etc etc. Furthermore, I tried working on Skullport and I simply could not figure out a way to build the city that was both to canon and to my liking. Sshamath I have been able to build both relatively close to canon - even though it is not possible to do stalactite - and to my personal liking. However, if someone else want to volunteer to build SKullport and all that entails, and while Id much prefer the assistance in building what Ive proposed, Id be fine with expanding the server scope.

Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

On hold, in case anyone was holding their breath.

Currently completed (generic) areas will be distributed to various places. City itself will be picked back up at later time.

Edit: Still intend to try to finish at some point.

Sandermann
Rust Monster

Post by Sandermann »

I'm picking NU back up now RL has settled into something sensible again, the area's you've spoken about are outside NU's server boundary but if you've got something built it could be included on NU until you decide to pick this back up.
PC: Liasola Dark Arrow
Ex PC: Arzit'el Tlabbar

Blindhamsterman : "I think Sand may have just won the internet"