Proposal system has failed - server selection team disolve

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Aelred
Builder

Post by Aelred »

And later on down the line MythDrannor/Cormanthor.

Twiggy, aren't you going to help build NWN2?
All that creative talent you are famous for.

Why don't you redo Daggerdale in NWN2 and we could hook it up into the Cormanthor server. I was considering proposing to Halrin that I tackle Ashabenford, Shadowdale and Daggerdale after completing Battledale. That way many of those who have played in NWN1 SD and DD would have a familiar home to transition to in NWN2.

Aelred
psycho_leo
Rust Monster

Post by psycho_leo »

Aelred wrote:And later on down the line MythDrannor/Cormanthor.

I was considering proposing to Halrin that I tackle Ashabenford, Shadowdale and Daggerdale after completing Battledale. That way many of those who have played in NWN1 SD and DD would have a familiar home to transition to in NWN2.

Aelred
To incorporate all of those areas into the MD mod is not really feasible IMHO. Not that I doubt your ability or willingness, but you would either end up with a gargantuan module or wouldn't be able to do justice to those areas (and since those are areas we had for our NWN mods comparisons are inevitable).

As far as having a new DD mod for NWN2 goes. Well.. I'd love to see it if anyone is willing to build.
Current PC: Gareth Darkriver, errant knight of Kelemvor
Se'rie Arnimane: Time is of the essence!
Nawiel Di'malie: Shush! we're celebrating!
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

DD isn't that big. Dagger Falls, small walled town, Border Forest, the hills .... it is a very doable area for a server.

Just some thoughts ... but we still need to get the other servers goin ;)
Tridisus
Retired

Post by Tridisus »

I thought MD was going well? what happened?
ALFA (2000-??)
Past:
HDM and Builder Chessenta NWN1
DM and Builder Legends of Greyhawk NWN1
DM and Builder Exodus NWN2
Current:
Builder and DM Moonshae's
DM BG and WHL

Smoke me a kipper, I will be back for breakfast!!!
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Rick7475 wrote:
Twiggy wrote:If there's going to be a group push to get 1 server up for testing/playing wouldn't it be better to choose a server that has more diverse geographies than Waterdeep? I reviewed the proposals and everything beyond the city and what is beneath is planned much further along than its initial build. Choosing a server that has rural and urban features to allow a place for more character classes and backgrounds as the first server pushed to Live would be better for bringing in and keeping players IMO. TSF seems a better pick and has the bonus of already being open for Beta testing.
I think we are looking at getting both up and going. TSF is farther along and WD needs a bit of a boost.
True, but as indio said interiors are the bane of his existence and silverymoon (a city) is up next for him. Maybe some support on interiors for a city like silvy would be good before tackling WD. At least then we have one up asap (which is what we need i think for alfas success)

I'll try and learn interiors but i fell off the team due to work committments and will only be able to play a bit part.
Twiggy
Wyvern

Post by Twiggy »

Aelred wrote:And later on down the line MythDrannor/Cormanthor.

Twiggy, aren't you going to help build NWN2?
All that creative talent you are famous for.

Why don't you redo Daggerdale in NWN2 and we could hook it up into the Cormanthor server. I was considering proposing to Halrin that I tackle Ashabenford, Shadowdale and Daggerdale after completing Battledale. That way many of those who have played in NWN1 SD and DD would have a familiar home to transition to in NWN2.

Aelred
Daggerdale is still quite active for NWN1 and under constant construction. I think its important that some of us keep gaming servers alive for those still playing.
Magile wrote:
Aelred
Builder

Post by Aelred »

PL - I am thinking "very long term" with my dream to build ALL of Cormanthor including the Underdark areas under Cormanthor. We would complete Halrin's proposal and then build out (and down :twisted: ) from there. I'm talking about 5 to 7 years of building. I imagine that 5 years from now the technology will advance enough to be able to host a very large mod. Regardless, it is still just a dream since our new priority list starts with WD....Psycho Leo could I interest you in helping out building some interiors in WD?
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

If we get enough templates interiors will go a lot faster.

Blacksmith templates
Inn templates
Temple Templates
General store templates
Potion store templates
Herbal store templates

the list goes on
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Don't be discouraged. The initial building progress the same year NWN1 was released was not lightning fast either. Builders and scriptors all throughout the NWN2 community are facing the same challenges we are. If people go elsewhere to build, it may be because everyone felt the creation would just fly along because we already had an established community here.

Wrong assumption...NWN2 is a whole new arena and the gems in building will take time to be exposed when the game gains more players.