[Withdrawn] ALFA 11--Western Heartlands

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Spider Jones
Pit Boss

[Withdrawn] ALFA 11--Western Heartlands

Post by Spider Jones »

Server Proposal

Above is a link to our server proposal, it's in pdf format, so you'll need a program capable of viewing pdfs ( Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here ).

For those of you unfamiliar with the area, it's the eastern portion of the Western Heartlands, west of Cormyr and the Dragon Coast. Points of interest include Asbravn, Berdusk, Corm Orp, Darkhold, Fendarl's Gate, Hardbuckler, Hill's Edge, Hluthvar, and Iriaebor as far as settlements (with perhaps border towns like Drawn Swords added if there is room, we still need to see just what NWN2 is capable of). The Uldoon Trail and Duskroad connect all the cities and towns of the region excepting Darkhold and Fendarl's Gate. The Reaching Woods, and Sunset Mountains are geographical features of note. Nearby are three highly detailed adventure sites that we'd like to include, the Battle of the Bones, Hill of Lost Souls (a bit farther north than most other features, this would be last on the list), and Skull Gorge.

For those who don't want to bother with the pdf, here it is in plain text html format.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Very well done spider :)
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Yeah, well done indeed. Good to see thorough proposals. Regardless of selection, I'm seeing 4 so far that have the sorts of teams and vision to go Live regardless of tiers and whatnot. I think we'll find that the tier thing may end up being more of a nice theory than practical structure.

Mr. Infra...can you sticky final proposals and rename them with the server number first please? Hard to see what's what in here.
paazin
Fionn In Disguise

Post by paazin »

fluffmonster wrote:I'd like to see those named on proposals to be actually stepping up and saying "Yes, I endorse this proposal and in full faith and confidence will be participating as stated." A name on a document means very little in and of itself. If yer serious, be serious and step up.
So as fluffy suggested, here it goes:

Yes, I endorse this proposal and in full faith and confidence will be participating as stated.

People talk of bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as man, so artistically cruel.
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

Hmm, I don't have a snazzy affirmative picture to post, but I'm here to say I'll be building like a mad fiend for Sunset Vale. I think the area has a great deal of potential, but first and foremost, I consider it's team to be top-notch, which is why I'm looking forward to getting started.

One of the major lessons from the NC2 rebuild was the power of just getting a few likeminded and motivated individuals together on a project- what seemed almost insurmountable at the beginning of that project rapidly became a reality, and it turned out to be a very rewarding experience.

I feel we've got a good combination of talents and people for TSV, and I can think of none better than SpiderJones to orchestrate and lead the team. His encyclopedic canon knowledge, dedication, and perspective give me implicit confidence in him as prospective HDM.

-Thomas / AcadiusLost
bartleby
Brown Bear

Post by bartleby »

Fully supported.
Gelcur
Dire Badger

Post by Gelcur »

Looks great.
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Sure I'll put my name down for this. I've been promised free kitten pie from spider if I do.
loulabelle
Proletarian Librarian

Post by loulabelle »

I didn't spellcheck and correct the infamous Spiderese for nothing! So yes my name is not being taken in vain. :-) I love how the pdf matches the Volo guide presentation. Just wanted to say that out loud!

Toc [Talk] Ey doc save some thread fer that mouth a hers *winks with a grin*
bartleby
Brown Bear

Post by bartleby »

Just wanted to post again saying that this server will be very awsome ... didnt have much time to post the first time and still dont unfortunatly ... dealing with red tape on top of classes sucks ...

Cant wait to start thoguh ... once i scrounge up the cash hehe

<- starving college student

-bart
HATEFACE
Dr. Horrible

Post by HATEFACE »

<spiderjones> You must post...
<spiderjones> On the Sunset Vale proposal thread
<spiderjones> Saying that you are actually part of it.
<spiderjones> And not just some made up list

Where am I? Okay, looks good, bye.
“In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.” - Open Message to the Executive Branch.
Gelcur
Dire Badger

Post by Gelcur »

I really can't wait for the toolset so I can't start building all my treacherous DM playous. The players shall feel my wrath *thunder*.

Hmm.... I need to DM more often I have a lot botteled up =(
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Excelent team and vision. I have one concern with the scope of you Live region - will this result in semi-dead areas with locked doors unless a DM is on? I would rather see a single frontier town fully fledged than the same content scattered across 10 (though my opinion is not final :)
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
Gelcur
Dire Badger

Post by Gelcur »

I think nearly all of us are canon buffs so if a tavern, shop, pub, inn, dungeon, fort, etc. Exists in the area it will be filled appropriately. That fact alone will make many of the areas unique.

Some areas are actually fully detailed out. Well of Dragons and Darkhold have full canon specs and Berdusk and Iriaebor have city maps.

So much content is there for us already it just need some dedicated people to translate it into NWN2. And then there are also the creative minds that i'm sure have things they'd like to see in game.
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Yes - I know you have canon copy and talent. My question is the scope of the initial live area - can you do all that in a reasonable time, and what is plan B if you can't?
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(