OAS and early member server

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

OAS and early member server

Post by HEEGZ »

I am proposing to run a duplicate of the OAS server for members.

*** This location is no longer applicable, see posts below. ***

I don't have time to retype the existing proposal and it exists as a website anyways, so here it is:

Nunwood Proposal

Purpose:

:arrow: To provide members a server on which to role-play (and bug test) until the beta servers transfer to Live status.

:arrow: To allow the OAS to launch ASAP so that new members have a place to role-play until first beta servers go up.

:arrow: To provide a place for Ronan and his team to test things.

:arrow: To go up ASAP after NWN2 release as an Alpha server being approximately 50% complete, to be updated quickly to a Beta as a complete server.

Specifics:

:arrow: The server will not be connected to ALFA canon in anyway, nor will the bics of PCs created on it be transferred to the Live servers. A PC may be recreated on a Live server at level 1 with 1 xp, but no transfer as there is no connection other than being set in the FR.

:arrow: The server will run as an Alpha and Beta stage server only. It is not my intention to fully convert it to the ACR or basemod. It is a temporary RP and testing server until there are sufficient servers at Live status to warrant it's removal.

:arrow: Items will be capped at +1.

:arrow: PC levels, start at 1 capped at 3. (not set in stone)

:arrow: Players will be expected to RP and stay IC, no running, PGing, etc. Bug testing will occur as they RP on the server. Exceptions to occur only under the supervision of a DM or Ronan's team.

Needs:

:arrow: DMs. The server will be built by the OAS DMs, however they will all be DMing on the OAS, not this server. Please volunteer if you are interested.

:arrow: Host. RDW may be able to host the OAS, but I would like to find out who can host either server. Keep in mind the OAS will need to be hosted indefinitely and this server temporarily until it is taken down. If someone is planning on hosting a server that is not going to be an initial Live server you would be a perfect candidate here ;)

Staff:

:arrow: HDM - HEEGZ

:arrow: EADM - OAS EADM (currently Rotku)

The reason for these two positions is to easily keep this module updated with the OAS server. We will both be primarily functioning as OAS DMs and simply keeping the server up to speed. The majority of the DMing will be performed by the DM crew, see below.

:arrow: Ronan and his team. They are welcome to test as they need and will have access to the mod.

:arrow: Admin. All five will have access as DMs should they desire it.

:arrow: DMs. None at present. Please post if you would like to DM here. I don't plan on training anyone, so prefer people with experience already. I can see the server being used to teach DM101 however, but that is a seperate issue. Feel free to volunteer.

As this is a work in progress I will change as needed. It is possible I may scrap this altogether, but I think there was enough interest to warrant doing this. I'm open to comments, suggestions, volunteers as this is for ALFA, not me.

- HEEGZ
Last edited by HEEGZ on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

if i am avaliable at the time i will dm during the beta period.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

thanks rumble, i'll contact you later with more details as they become available.

still looking for more DMs and a host or two.

- HEEGZ
Bool
Orc Champion

Post by Bool »

Maybe I am missing something - but why do you need permission or to apply for this HEEGZ?
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Re: Proposal: Nunwood

Post by Ronan »

Was sort of wondering the same thing, Bool.
HEEGZ wrote: :arrow: Ronan and his team. They are welcome to test as they need and will have access to the mod.
Shweet, does that mean I can abuse applicants too? :twisted:

I'll be able to host the OAS if needed, at least up until The Sunset Vale goes live (if its accepted).
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Bool wrote:Maybe I am missing something - but why do you need permission or to apply for this HEEGZ?
This seemed to be the most appropriate place to post my intentions. Also, this server would be seperate from the OAS, for members. If there is a better thread for it feel free to move, but I wanted members to know that it would be easy for us to do this since we are already working on the OAS. Several members have questioned why this wasn't being done already and as long as we can get a volunteer to host it and a few DMs it is no big deal. Typing it up as a proposal is mostly for me to organize my thoughts and people to understand what is in store. Also, since Rick dropped his plans for a quick starting server I decided to propose this alternative. This is the only copy of this post so if you are going to delete it please PM me a copy thank you.

- HEEGZ
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

If you are interested in DMing on this server please post. If you want to join the OAS DM team and also help build this server please post or PM me. Thanks.

- Nate
fluffmonster
Haste Bear

Post by fluffmonster »

PA is the technical voice of authority over OAS. Of course, if yer just givin notice or lookin for comments, good enough.
Built: TSM (nwn2) Shining Scroll and Map House (proof anyone can build!)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Edit:

The OAS is going to be set in a different locale from the Nunwood now. That means the details in the OP are no longer accurate. We should have a functional OAS up by Dec. 31 and it will be open for beta testing by members. If it is ready for admissions use, hosting a duplicate for members is not an issue if someone is willing to host the second module.

- Nate