ALFA 18--Zazesspur, Tethyr

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

ALFA 18--Zazesspur, Tethyr

Post by Rick7475 »

Proposal Criteria – Zazesspur, Tethyr. Expansion server. 4 – 6 DM’s
1. Server Layout – first the port city of Zazesspur and expanded from there into the interior, elven villages, castles, other towns and cities. Zazesspur is the size of WD, so we will center on the urban aspect primarily and then go from there.
2. Server Content
a. Plan for PC persistent storage Various temples, homes, religious orders, military orders, guilds, underground organizations etc. Nobles (those that are papered nobles with titles from DM’s) may stay with nobles in castles or estates
b. Plan for static quests There will be many static quests, bounty hunter, military patrol, policing street patrols, using Waterdeep and Daggerford as a model. They will cover a nice range of levels, classes, and alignments.
c. Plan for spawn/mob placement and difficulty, and static encounters in general City will have ‘thugs’ in the allies at night. Ancient under ground city will have undead spawns, goblins, underdwelling creatures. Various components of the city will have dungeons with spawns according to canon. Surrounding forests with orcs, goblins, etc.,
d. Merchant availability – virtually all types.

3. Server Team – Rick7475, angel_caller, jimbo, Red_Menace_2000, (others will be joining) Builder: rick7475, angel_caller, jimbo, Tech members: rick7475, angel_caller, jimbo, DM coverage, the HDM, experience of the team: we have had the most experience out of any live server in ALFA. We have been consistent for coverage and produced one of the best servers in ALFA.
4. Contribution to ALFA diversity – City landscape, huge port facilities, eventually elven city, forests, castles, border fortresses, mountains, other large cities and towns.
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

My experience is none, and my skills are basic, but I'm offering myself up for gruntwork of the server build, no interest in DMing later on.

I thoroughly enjoy making items and can handle alot of the simple stuff to free up others for more intricate work I couldn't manage.

Also if I can work up my skills to a level acceptable to Rick and the others, I'd very much like to have a hand in the elven and forest aspects of the server.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

Withdrawn.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Maybe you should give it a day or so before you decide, Rick. Emotions being high and all....
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

ç i p h é r wrote:Maybe you should give it a day or so before you decide, Rick. Emotions being high and all....
Yeah.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Hey Rick.

You've learned more lessons around here with good grace than most will ever have to. I wouldn't sweat the proposal thing overly. In 6 months, what we'll need most of all is people who know how to get a server live, something you've proven ability in, and no proposal in the world can help with that.
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

Don't let the assorted bulls**t on the forums stop you from making a server that you will love and that your players will love. I know you catch alot of crap around here rick but I've had my best days in ALFA on Daggerford, and by far the most interesting RP back in the days of Tiamat worshippers and the black dragon stuff.

One person making a snippy comment in ALFA is so astoundingly common, yes, we're dicks to each other on the forums, it what we seem to do best. Take a moment, think about it, I'd really miss playing on your server come NWN2, and despite what some people grumble about, you do actually bring ideas to the table here.
Inaubryn
Ogre

Post by Inaubryn »

Remember who you're doin' this for and why, Rick. You made the Tethyr proposal for one reason. Think about why you did and then make a decision.
"You people have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation! So, from now on, when Private Pyle fucks up... I will not punish him. I will punish all of you! And the way I see it, ladies... you owe me for one jelly donut! Now, get on your faces!"