Bandwidth in search of a host

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Bandwidth in search of a host

Post by wvincenti »

Hi folks,
Since the Mrs. and I moved in December we're in a position where we can offer to host a server mostly because we've got what seems to be a stable connection to the Internet in our new house via Optimum Online.

It's a decent-sized pipe.
Downstream: 30megs/second
Upstream: 2megs/second

The only catch is that I don't have a spare server floating about the house. So, if there is a NWN2 team out there that needs a place to put their box we might be able to help. Drop me a line.

-Bill
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Very generous indeed.
MShady
Orc Champion

Post by MShady »

I'd be interested as well.

Mike
"Audentes fortuna juvat - Fortune favors the bold. (Virgil)"

"Spartans, lay down your arms!"
"Come take them!"

ALFA Browncoats
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Just to clarify, wvincenti, I've no need of the bandwidth. Just thought it was a nice gesture.
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

indio wrote:Just to clarify, wvincenti, I've no need of the bandwidth. Just thought it was a nice gesture.
Gotcha!

No sweat.

I've seen a lot of hosts come and go over the last three years because of folks moving or leaving ALFA. My wife and I just moved into this house in December so I figure we're in a good position to provide a stable hosting situation. If no present NWN2 teams need a host it's not like my bandwidth is going to vanish. I'll even eventually have a box to practice on once we build new gaming boxes. It sounds like my present box might do just fine for a NWN2 server once it's replaced so I'll have it to practice on until the day it's really needed.

-Bill
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.