ALFA 25--Server Proposal: Halruaa

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
RangerDeWood
Ogre

Post by RangerDeWood »

It's been awhile, but I figured I'd revisit this thread since it seems to have dropped of and it's closed anyway. I can find no list of servers that have been OK'd so that's what I'm asking.

I love Halruaa with a passion and as Amar said I'll join the team, but I'm not going to waste the effort on a server that will never get off the ground. I've done it once already in ALFA and I don't want to do it again. While there are a couple points that I don't fully agree with in the proposal, I'm sure a compromise could be reached at a later date.

I would build until the server is finished enough for Live at which point I would focus completely on Plot DMing on a weekly basis if my schedule allowed. Halruaa is ripe with intrigue and action and lends itself to plots easily. However, canon limits things to native PCs on an all-but-exclusive basis. My main focus as a builder and DM on 025 would be to convince Players to create PCs on our server rather than someplace else. As a builder I'll attempt to re-create the magic-rich landscape as closely as possible, even down to the children playing tag with Dancing Lights if the engine allows. As a DM I'll give the PCs intriguing plots that will dig them deep into the politics and adventure of Halruaa.

IMO the southern half will be needed before the north half as it's the most poplulated and is where most cross-server travel will take place. If Halruaa is given the greenlight I'll start as soon as I have a toolset, but otherwise I am keeping myself out of ALFA2 until its arrival.
"...a smile that Judas in Hell might be proud of."

Check out my YouTube channel, all you lovely people:
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

As a post-live project, I see nothing that's a show stopper here. OTOH, I also don't see an actual plan in comparison to the other servers. This looks to be the perfect venue for X-Server merchant statics, but obviously there's much work would need to be done to keep that from being exploited.
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
Amar
Ogre

Post by Amar »

You dont see a plan because when I had no team and lost interest in playing on ALFA I deleted every map and plot layout I had on my computer.

Im not personally picking this back up.

Im not pushing through as HDM, I just cant commit myself to ALFA quite that much anymore. I have a few too many problems with some of the ways things work here.

Id like to see Halruaa in ALFA and if anyone does pick this up I volunteer myself as a builder under them.

A small amount of our work can be found at:
http://amar.12.forumer.com/

If more interest had been shown months ago when I was actively working on this, maybe Id still be up for running it. But things didnt go that way *shrugs*

For now, I am exploring the vast riches of Azeroth as a Hunter, whom needs to finish gathering the materials her trainer needs to teach her how to craft armor from the skins of dragons.

Ill be back to play or build when the NWN graphics stop making my eyes bleed ((NWN2))
Amar
Ogre

Post by Amar »

I seem to have lost my edit button. But that was a response to your PM as well bool.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Build

Post by ElCadaver »

Hi Guys,
If this goes ahead, I'll be willing to build. Some of my stuff is up on the screenshots thread. I can't script, but I can build. Let me know.