Future proposals?

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Future proposals?

Post by Thangorn »

What happens if you want to make a proposal for a server region outside of the expansion regime?

I know for a fact that theres other places I might want to build but I am committing to the Base Mod & Moonsea for the entire expansion phase and then some.

Do you still reserve the future server region by showing your intent to make a proposal now? or do you just make your proposal when you have your team ready at the time when you wish to start building?
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

This thread should also look at the future prospect of a team showing from outside ALFA prime to build a server here that may be not involved at this time. As it is the same question.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

From the NWN2 Guidelines:
After April 22, 2006, server applications will go through the DMA as they do now, with server approval under complete DMA purview.
So, any apps after April 22 will not go through this extraordinary NWN2 startup process, but be treated as regular server apps under the DMA's approval process.
Enjoy the game
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: Future proposals?

Post by HEEGZ »

If you are interested in a new server for ALFA, you will want to be familiar with the following three links. The first one gives an overview of the process for applying to build a server in ALFA:
http://www.alandfaraway.org/node/963

The second link explains the process that occurs after the proposal is approved, as the project progresses through Alpha and Beta stages before going Live:
http://www.alandfaraway.org/node/430

I have returned the proposal forum to public view, as I believe Rotku or I might have archived it a while back. It should be publicly viewable now:
http://www.alandfaraway.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=165

So basically, the procedure is this:
  • Members submit a proposal in the appropriate forum.
  • When the DMA approves the project it moves to Alpha status.
  • When conditions are met, project moves to Beta status (+HDM).
  • When final conditions are met, the project goes to Live status.
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

:party1: :party2: :party3:

Yay! Another forum to never be used!

Why can't people just submit the proposal's via PM? Seems a bit silly to have a forum for a situation that may arise once a year? I mean, have we even had one proposal since the original batch? I can't remember if BG had one submitted, although I get the feeling there was not. That makes 0 submitted in 3 years - I doubt there is going to be a sudden resurrection any time soon.
< Signature Free Zone >
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

access to the old proposals.
have two pending proposals.

can re-archive it later i suppose.
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

Meh. Still seems a bit silly to me. It has Red Tape written all over it in big... red letters. But each to their own :P

If you want access to old proposals (which were silly things any way - how many servers actually followed their proposals in the slightest?) just keep it in the archives and let people access it there. No point bringing this big black spot to the surface again. Let the (thankfully) dead remain dead.
< Signature Free Zone >
Brother Humphrey
Kosher Kojak

Post by Brother Humphrey »

Can I submit a future proposal to MorbidKate, for whenever she gets back? I've pretty much had enough of my commie cohabitant, and I think a bit of distance, like the south Pacific, will do me a world of good. :angel: :lol:
<paazin> Elves I bet are kinda fun to play.
<BH|werksux> I prefer the trumpet or clarinet
<BH|werksux> elves wiggle too much

Current Server: TSM

Current PC: Delshandra
Pwned PCs: Lemuel,Skimmer,Clevon,Juno,Gilbert,BH,Dunkin,Osk & Rodney

Current Status: Highly Mobile
Brother Humphrey
Kosher Kojak

Post by Brother Humphrey »

Oh, wait! You meant the other kind of proposal. Nvm. :hic:
<paazin> Elves I bet are kinda fun to play.
<BH|werksux> I prefer the trumpet or clarinet
<BH|werksux> elves wiggle too much

Current Server: TSM

Current PC: Delshandra
Pwned PCs: Lemuel,Skimmer,Clevon,Juno,Gilbert,BH,Dunkin,Osk & Rodney

Current Status: Highly Mobile
stormsong
Kobold Footpad

Post by stormsong »

Well, time to get my foot in the door. I'm moving to the point where I can help out with existing servers and code.

But high in my thoughts is my desire to build the Vastian Coast. I'm trying to finish the proposal. Mainly the vendors are left.

When I was doing it earlier, I built the following web site. Much out of date today, but it gives a feel for the area.
and the map of the area I want to cover is
Stormsong Wyndsinger
  • Bard at large, Adventurer for hire,
    Scripter, Builder and Silly Person
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

Always a fan of seeing new places! However, your links seem to lead to a sort of PW project of its own, complete with its own ruleset, etcetera. Could you elaborate a little?
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
stormsong
Kobold Footpad

Post by stormsong »

Veilan wrote:Always a fan of seeing new places! However, your links seem to lead to a sort of PW project of its own, complete with its own ruleset, etcetera. Could you elaborate a little?
Way back when, the Vastian Coast was starting up, it was a project of its own, the rules based on my experiences. Now with my movement to ALFA, my rules are out and I will be fitting in to the way things are run here.

To start, I will be doing work helping others with the idea in mind of being useful and learning how it all fits together. Later if my proposal is accepted, I will continue to help and start building the Vast, one bit at a time.

The Vast will take a goodly number of things from the web page, but there will be a lot that will be tossed.

Ignore the Vision button and most of the Overview FAQ. The one thing from there is that I would like to try to implement Adventuring Companies sometime in the future.

From the Gameplay FAQ page, I have several things I want to hit. Dieties is the first one, but it will need to be done in a controlled way to work with the vision of the rest of ALFA.

Before the new overland map came out, but after I described Traveling on the web page, I had a vision of shrinking players to create the overland map. The overland map will be the method of movement between major areas. I have a bunch of ideas of ways to create Random Encounters for this as well.

Maps of the Vast is the major map. I have a huge number of other maps and area descriptions for the Vast that will be available. For example:
  • There are other things I plan to do to make things interesting. Treasure hunting, Rares marketing, and other odds and ends.

From the front page of the web site, there are a number of themes and storylines that will be a major part of what will be happening. For example:

Rumors speak of strange events deep below Ravens Bluff. Odd shifts in the magic weave seem to bear these out. Five years ago there were rumors that Warlord Myrkyssa Jelan had been seen in the city. There were also rumors that she had been destroyed. Now there are signs that rumors of her destruction were very premature.

From the East, there are tales of a new rising army of men and orckin moving down from the Earthfast Mountains. The word is that they are driven by a force of great power. Perhaps even a god!
Other signs of unrest include:
  • • It is now sure that the Cult of the Dragon is becoming active in multiple places in the Vast.

• A diamond mine belonging to the gnomes of High Haspur is now the center of a growing dispute.

• There are whispers that a lich is to be found in the mountains between the Gnome Kingdom and Sarbrennar.

Today the Zhentarim rule the northern half of Sarbrennar from the Bastion of Darkness. But their rule is threatened as Banite and Cyricist elements strive for mastery.

The High Council of Sarbreenar rule the southern half of the city. The battle continues at a low pace while the people of Sarbreenar try to maintain their lives as normally as possible.

From Lone Rock to the Glacier of the White Worm and from Mulmaster to Procampur, forces are rising for good and evil (mostly evil).
It is an ill aspected year and the need for heroes has never been greater.
Stormsong Wyndsinger
  • Bard at large, Adventurer for hire,
    Scripter, Builder and Silly Person