ALFA 11--Daggerford and the Western Heartlands

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

ALFA 11--Daggerford and the Western Heartlands

Post by Rick7475 »

Our current team plans to build Daggerford and the Western Heartlands.

We also hope to include Ilefarn, Laughing Hollow, and Ardeep Woods, basically what is south of Waterdeep, but we'll see :)

Hopefully some dialogs and scripts can be reused.

We don't plan on being a starting server, but one of the expansion servers down the road.

Some prominent PC's will most likely be NPC's in the NWN2 mod, such as well known militia NCO's, Lords and Knights, and other famous PC's that you'll only see places where if I tell you then I'll have to kill you ...

The DM team so far has expressed interest in remaining.

Naturally, anyone who wants to help out is welcome, but as I said, we won't be a starting server, so we won't be in a big hurry :)
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

I have now regulated this to be a secondary proposal as we are going to move with Waterdeep. If we do not get Waterdeep, then we will move with this proposal.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

Putting this proposal back.

We will do Daggerford and the WH. Daggerford will be much as it is now, salvaging NPC dialogs and statics quests and other scripts.

Prominant PC's that are alive at NWN2 will be made into NPC's (particularily militia PC's :))

Everything that is Daggerford in NWN1 will be transferred to NWN2, plus additional areas like Ilefarn and Laughing Hollow.

The current areas will be as they are at the NWN1 change to NWN2, ie Gillian's Hill will be Abb otsgard Hill (if Mikhal Abbotsgard lives, his PC will be an NPC) and other canon changes throughout the history of play.

Starting server??? I'm not sure. I might be able to have a Daggerford town by Christmas, we'll see, but I plan on playing a bit, too :)

Other info will follow ...
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Rick, got a question for you.

You and your team have interest in running military or quasi-military organizations like the DF millita, correct? Is Daggerford really the best setting for that? Surely there are large, more militant places?

The little time I've spent in Daggerford always made it seem like more of a small city with a large, powerfull military than a small village in Waterdeep's shadow. I'm not trying to be critical, as there are certainly other ALFA servers have missed the proverbial FR-target more than my views of Daggerford. I was just wondering if you have considered other areas to build which may work better for the style of gaming you like.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

We have thought of other areas, but the ones we like have been taken, ie Waterdeep, Tethyr, Baldur's Gate ... and some others we don't think will be feasible with the toolset.

I agree that our work with DF makes it porportionally larger than its status as a small walled town of 800, but so does the module(s) itself, one of the most detailed FR modules on a town that size in all the material I have seen.

But we are flexible. I would still like to see what the list of proposals are that make it through the *ahem* process :)
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

Cancel. We will not be doing Daggerford.