ALFA 07--Intent to make Cold Lands (ALFA 07)

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
darrenhfx
Beholder

ALFA 07--Intent to make Cold Lands (ALFA 07)

Post by darrenhfx »

With Coach up to his eyeballs in RL I am going to momentarily steal his thunder and announce our intentions to create a Cold Lands server for ALFA. I can say that Coach has done an exhaustive search for canon material on the region, the sheer volume of which will knock your socks off... or sandals if you are somewhere warm.

Here is a map of Damara which is the focal point of the Cold Lands:

http://www.rpghoard.com/data/MI_DamaraMap3e.pdf

Expect a more detailed post from Coach soon.

*edit* If anyone is interested in lending a hand we would be pleased for you to join us.
Kharnifex1
Shambling Zombie

Post by Kharnifex1 »

count me in.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Excellent...
coach
Canon Police

Post by coach »

Cold Lands is the area that covers Vaasa, Damara, Narfell, Great Glacier, and Sossal

the canon area that we seek to use as our 'hub' area is a 10 by 25 mile mountain pass called Bloodstone Pass. This pass (and the underdark beneath) contains at least one canon community for EVERY major race on Faerun except for one

currently this area is the 'site' of two of WotC's major trilogies out now:

1) Sellswords trilogy by RA Salvatore - the first book took place in Calimshan but the next two are in Vaasa and Damara. The latest book was Promise of the Witch-King from October 05 and the next book due out in October 06 is Road of the Patriarch. The 'stars' of the books are Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle

2) The Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy by Richard Lee Byers - the first book took place in Impiltur and the Moonsea but the next two take place in Damara and the Great Glacier. The latest book was about a war in Damara started by Sammaster and the Cult of the Dragon. The next book (out June 06) takes the adventure into the Great Glacier.

we have a website and forums and a staggering amount of research completed and a good starting group willing to help but of course, always looking for more gungho folk to join us

will post more info soon
Garrigan DeLorre - Paladin 6 - died honorably in battle
X'Anne - Witch (Druid/Ranger mix) 4 - captured and imprisoned awaiting trial (retired)
Talon Xavaliir - Cleric 11 - living

"I didn't know he only had six kids, I thought he had millions." (on the passing of Gary Gygax)
Creslyn
Orc Champion

Post by Creslyn »

Be helping out as time allows. Lets hear it for Waukeshire! :wink:
Lusipher
Talon of Tiamat

Post by Lusipher »

Im still in for Cold Lands. Im going to work on my WHL project outside of ALFA, but will help build and DM here.
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft.

Follow me on Twitter as: Danubus
Ksiel
Frost Giant

Post by Ksiel »

Hey guys,

Wanted to drop in and say I am still in for this. Got the material for Coach and will be looking over it to see where my particular interests lie.

Hope we keep this thing going.

Ksiel
coach
Canon Police

Post by coach »

looking over our proposal, i have found one area lacking

Euro DM coverage

we currently have two or more DMs for each major zone, except Euro which we only have one

so euro DMs give us a holler (any other timezone DM too, we have room 8) )

come join the coolest team around - The Cold Lands (pun intended :oops: )
Garrigan DeLorre - Paladin 6 - died honorably in battle
X'Anne - Witch (Druid/Ranger mix) 4 - captured and imprisoned awaiting trial (retired)
Talon Xavaliir - Cleric 11 - living

"I didn't know he only had six kids, I thought he had millions." (on the passing of Gary Gygax)