ALFA 03--The Savage Frontier

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

I think being part of a proposal at this point for that certain someone would be beyond tacky and bordering on conflict of interest. :D That person may DM again or become a part of a server team much further down the road, but right now that person has enough on that person's plate.
Enjoy the game
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

bah, she's laid up and bedridden - the perfect time to take on new duties before the drugs wear off!
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

Wynna wrote:I think being part of a proposal at this point for that certain someone would be beyond tacky and bordering on conflict of interest. :D That person may DM again or become a part of a server team much further down the road, but right now that person has enough on that person's plate.
You think playing all your cards above the table will avoid you being named as part of some vast conspiracy? I know you know ALFA better than that. You could discover the cure for cancer and they'd label it as some ploy to become rich and famous, and to divert attention from your checkered past. Why, right now there is someone who has read your post and mused, "Hmmm....she's taking extra steps to appear to be proper, she must REALLY be up to something."
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Post by Mikayla »

D-One:
You think playing all your cards above the table will avoid you being named as part of some vast conspiracy? I know you know ALFA better than that. You could discover the cure for cancer and they'd label it as some ploy to become rich and famous, and to divert attention from your checkered past. Why, right now there is someone who has read your post and mused, "Hmmm....she's taking extra steps to appear to be proper, she must REALLY be up to something."
Mostly thats just your lot in life dear. When you say "I don't want power" ALFAns hear "I want power"; hell, when you say "I like D&D" ALFAns hear "I want power." When you resign, people see is as a grab for power. This is your kismet, your idiom, your theme....your fate.

Wynna's fate is not the same; sure Wynna has a few detractors, but by and large she is liked or even loved. Indeed, Wynna is a veritable sponge, soaking up the respect and gratitude of ALFAns everywhere. Yes, thats right, Wynna is ALFA's love-sponge. Now, there is nothing like a stint as an Admin to wring that sponge dry, of course, but Wynna is spongier, stronger and more absorbant than most; indeed, she is the "Brawny" of love-sponges. Yes yes yes, Wynna is simply ALFA's Brawny Love-Sponge. Long live the Wynna!

I really had fun with that analogy, by the way, whether or not it has any applicability to real life....
Last edited by Mikayla on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

Mikayla wrote:D-One:
Mostly thats just your lot in life dear. When you say "I don't want power" ALFAns here "I want power"; hell, when you say "I like D&D" ALFAns here "I want power." When you resign, people see is as a grab for power. This is your kismet, your idiom, your theme....your fate.

Wynna's fate is not the same; sure Wynna has a few detractors, but by and large she is liked or even loved. Indeed, Wynna is a veritable sponge, soaking up the respect and gratitude of ALFAns everywhere. Yes, thats right, Wynna is ALFA's love-sponge. Now, there is nothing like a stint as an Admin to wring that sponge dry, of course, but Wynna is spongier, stronger and more absorbant than most; indeed, she is the "Brawny" of love-sponges. Yes yes yes, Wynna is simply ALFA's Brawny Love-Sponge. Long live the Wynna!

I really had fun with that analogy, by the way, whether or not it has any applicability to real life....
That's what they said about the Kennedy's right before they got shot. Hell, Jack was so spongy that he'd have affairs right there in the White House behind the back of the most beloved first lady in recent memory, yet by the time the Warren commission was done, there were so many enemies of the Kennedy's identified that they wondered how he won the election.

How's your life insurance, Wynner?
Duck One

Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

I'd be scared for her, but the Grassy Knoll and the Book Depository got cosolidated into a single server and it does not look like it will be one of the starting 5, so there is no place for the Lone Gunmen to hide out. Besides, if Wynna is Jack, who is Jackie O? Who is Bobby? Who is Sirhan Sirhan and who is Duck? Who is Marilyn? If we are going with all these analogies, can I be MLK? OK ok, I am not non-violent. Can I be Malcom X? How about Huey? Some random panther with a flame-thrower? You know, given what ALFAns think of Duck I always kind of thought of him as ALFA's Nixon, but maybe that title really belongs too....

**bullet whizzes past**

Hmm, I think its time to ... duck.

Long live ALFA's Brawny Love-Sponge, Wynna! Queen of ALFAlot.
Inaubryn
Ogre

Post by Inaubryn »

Mikayla wrote:I'd be scared for her, but the Grassy Knoll and the Book Depository got cosolidated into a single server and it does not look like it will be one of the starting 5, so there is no place for the Lone Gunmen to hide out. Besides, if Wynna is Jack, who is Jackie O? Who is Bobby? Who is Sirhan Sirhan and who is Duck? Who is Marilyn? If we are going with all these analogies, can I be MLK? OK ok, I am not non-violent. Can I be Malcom X? How about Huey? Some random panther with a flame-thrower? You know, given what ALFAns think of Duck I always kind of thought of him as ALFA's Nixon, but maybe that title really belongs too....

**bullet whizzes past**

Uh... Black Panthers formed in response to police brutality. Malcolm X, tired of seein' blacks lynched, beaten and wrongfully imprisoned, didn't espouse fightin' he epoused fightin' back.

*cues music and arcing star logo* The more you know.
"You people have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation! So, from now on, when Private Pyle fucks up... I will not punish him. I will punish all of you! And the way I see it, ladies... you owe me for one jelly donut! Now, get on your faces!"
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

For a minute there, seeing Wynna's, Mikayla's and Inaub's posts, I thought Savage Frontier had become the 'It' NWN2 server.

Don and I have spoken a little and we have agreed to work together on this. With someone of his callibre involved I'm going to rethink the management of the module a little. As such, HDM and EADM roles are not fixed.

OC, Racerblue and another who PM'd me in confidence are possibles, and all are very welcome.

Duck is our potential wildcard.
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

Inny:
Black Panthers formed in response to police brutality. Malcolm X, tired of seein' blacks lynched, beaten and wrongfully imprisoned, didn't espouse fightin' he epoused fightin' back.
I am well aware. My forum persona formed in response to surfacer brutality, and after seeing countless drow noob-farmed, meta-gamed and wrongfully banned (err..ok...maybe not all wrongfully) I espouse forum-flaming the surfacer types into little pasty piles of ash!

I never said these analogies were perfect. ;)

And Indio, Savage Frontier is the new "It" server - so sayeth me.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

Mikayla wrote:I'd be scared for her, but the Grassy Knoll and the Book Depository got cosolidated into a single server and it does not look like it will be one of the starting 5, so there is no place for the Lone Gunmen to hide out. Besides, if Wynna is Jack, who is Jackie O? Who is Bobby? Who is Sirhan Sirhan and who is Duck? Who is Marilyn? If we are going with all these analogies, can I be MLK? OK ok, I am not non-violent. Can I be Malcom X? How about Huey? Some random panther with a flame-thrower? You know, given what ALFAns think of Duck I always kind of thought of him as ALFA's Nixon, but maybe that title really belongs too....

**bullet whizzes past**

I hate to admit this....but....I am Jackie-O. Wynna's back is not hurt. That was just a cover story to account for her time away. She's nesting. We are with egg. I'm hoping for a Green-winged Teal, and she wants all white (like the kind of duckling you see at the park pond)...the lady in white and all. Honestly, though, we'll be happy with a healthy little quacker no matter what the color.

We kept our relationship quiet for the obvious political reasons. "How can she effectively run ALFA with all the duties of motherhood? Can we trust her finger on 'the bomb?'" ALFA loves a good controversay. Well, it's almost spring, and soon our little hatchling will be out in the open and grubbing for worms, so the news had to come out.
Duck One

Liam
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Liam »

And now for something completely different:

A druid on a horse.

Thank you.

Hey, this thread was becoming more Pythonesque by the second.
Last edited by Liam on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CC Member
--------------------
Ash nazg durbatulúk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
NickD
Beholder

Post by NickD »

Duck One wrote:I hate to admit this....but....I am Jackie-O. Wynna's back is not hurt. That was just a cover story to account for her time away. She's nesting. We are with egg. I'm hoping for a Green-winged Teal, and she wants all white (like the kind of duckling you see at the park pond)...the lady in white and all. Honestly, though, we'll be happy with a healthy little quacker no matter what the color.

We kept our relationship quiet for the obvious political reasons. "How can she effectively run ALFA with all the duties of motherhood? Can we trust her finger on 'the bomb?'" ALFA loves a good controversay. Well, it's almost spring, and soon our little hatchling will be out in the open and grubbing for worms, so the news had to come out.
:shock: When I saw Fluff's thread "The White Lady be laid up" it did make me think "knocked up".
Current PCs:
NWN1: Soppi Widenbottle, High Priestess of Yondalla.
NWN2: Gruuhilda, Tree Hugging Half-Orc
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA

Post by Mikayla »

You know Duck, I kind of want to believe you but there is a big difference between you and Jackie-O - the people LOVED Jackie-O....ALFAns, except for like me, LF, Wynna and a handful of others, basically hate your feathered guts and want to string you up.

Besides, as I began to read your post suddenly I realized what all this is about.

Duck wants power! If he cannot have it for himself, he wants it for his hatchling!! If he can get it no other way, he will MARRY power like Wynna.

You know, I suddenly see it...Duck..you are not Jackie-O, you are Hillary.....
NickD
Beholder

Post by NickD »

Mikayla wrote:ALFAns, except for like me, LF, Wynna and a handful of others, basically hate your feathered guts and want to string you up.
That's not true!

Most of us don't really even know who he is. ;)
Current PCs:
NWN1: Soppi Widenbottle, High Priestess of Yondalla.
NWN2: Gruuhilda, Tree Hugging Half-Orc
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Can we stop spamming Indio's thread? This has nothing to do with me wanting this particular brand of spam to expire and be taken off the shelf, of course. *puts on most severe frown imaginable
Enjoy the game