ALFA 06--Intent to make proposal Moonsea

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Baalster
Brown Bear

ALFA 06--Intent to make proposal Moonsea

Post by Baalster »

I will hopefully shortly have written up a proposal to make ALFA 06 Moonsea, with all its glory. Very prominent are the Zhents, and I would explicitly ask if anyone is interested in running the Zhents as Mikayla runs the Drow in ALFA. It's time the Zhents take their rightful place among the villains of Faerun.

Baalster
Castles in the air - they are so easy to take refuge in. And so easy to build, too.
Vendrin
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Vendrin »

I would except my PC will most likely be very banite even if not Zhentarim. Perhaps if and when he dies and I do not make another banite.

Oh and just a point of clarfication, while Mikayla is certainly the most prominent drow player she doesn't run any plots involving them at this point as she is playing one. She did run the Global Shar faction.
Last edited by Vendrin on Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Vendrin
<fluff> vendrin is like a drug
Keith Mac
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Keith Mac »

I have just applied to DM here right now...I have never DM-d online before.......If I get accepted and am not too computer-illiterate to make things work on my end...I would certainly be interested in running the Zhents..........I too run a Banite....I am not sure if I will again run a Banite in NWN-2.....time will tell :)
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

A big reason for me to offer my services for the build of the Moonsea is so I can play with the Zhents in all their glory..

I will step forward to DM the Zhent Global Faction & help build teh Zhents and Zhentil Keep.. I honestly dont mind if its the only thing I do in alfa for a good while in NWN2 and my intention is that /if/ I decide to have a PC, that it is an UD one.
Last edited by Thangorn on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
KalevD
Gelatinous Cube

Post by KalevD »

I wouldn't be the right person to oversee Zhentil Keep in any way, but if you do get clearance for this Baalster I'd like to be on board. As you know, I'm part of the Hillsfar team now and would like to continue working on that region of Faerûn into NWN2 if I can.

Especially if I am allowed to build Phlan and/or Northkeep
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

The Moonsea and Coldlands have always been my favorite regions for a very long time, especialy due to my PnP adventures in the regions.

If made to choose between the Coldlands and the Moonsea, I'll pick Moonsea.

So I want to hereby give you my abilities as builder and as DM too. Some of the people here at ALFA know me, many don't. So I'll PM you a short resume so you know where I'm comming from.

Like Thangorn, I'd also love to be head faction DM for the Zhenatrim.

I'll PM you the rest.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Moonshae >> Moonsea....come to the fluffy elfie side!
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Good luck with the proposal folks.

As the Moonsea region forms the western border of the Cold Lands along the Western Galena Mountains... I look forward the plot opportunities that we may share.

D
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

Blackwill wrote: Like Thangorn, I'd also love to be head faction DM for the Zhenatrim.
I think the zhent faction needs a collaborative effort between a Manshoon brain DM and a Fzoul brain DM for overall strategy. Then there is the consideration of the brains of all the other key players in the Zhents and what their internal and external machinations might be.

Definitely worthy of two DMs just get your head around it all..

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

Didn't notice this post. I agree with you Thangorn, and would love to co-work with you on this faction.
I've recently been talking to a variety of people about factions which are so large and influential they will be used in many servers, if not all. Zhentarim is most certainly one of these. I'm aiming to get it recoginised as a Faction rising above the boundries of servers. Which would eventually mean that it's plots could be carried through to other servers.

It will be a delicate situation finding out who's allowed to do what. I'm thinking about HDMs and Global factions in particular. The best example I could give is that the Zhentarim are commonly found in the Moonsea, but also in the Western heartlands and many other smaller concentrations of spies and the like.

I'd like to talk to you about this in more detail when you get the chance.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

Inaubryn
Ogre

Post by Inaubryn »

I like the teamwork fellas. Keep it up.
"You people have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation! So, from now on, when Private Pyle fucks up... I will not punish him. I will punish all of you! And the way I see it, ladies... you owe me for one jelly donut! Now, get on your faces!"
Baalster
Brown Bear

Post by Baalster »

I will not make a proposal for Moonsea region.

Baalster
Castles in the air - they are so easy to take refuge in. And so easy to build, too.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

:(
Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

Hmmm :?

PM sent

~The ALFAn Hazite.

Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

ya me too..

I wont check any replies for 2-3 weeks cause I'll be in NZ getting hitched.