ALFA 11--ALFA Sunset Vale

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Spider Jones
Pit Boss

ALFA 11--ALFA Sunset Vale

Post by Spider Jones »

I intend to build the ALFA Tethyr server in NWN2. I've already done some work in gathering a team, but would be glad to hear from you if you have an interest as well, as there is always room for more help.

I plan on this being the initial live region (if we make it into one of the first server slots, otherwise we'll have time to cover much more, I'm certain):

Suldanesselar, and some of the halfling communities in the Purple Hills may cause some problems, if there aren't hobbit hole style halfling burrows available or elven city tilesets, they likely won't be able to be built for initial live.

We'll be using the Lands of Intrigue boxed set as well as Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II (A.K.A. Volo's Guide to the Lands of Intrigue) as our two primary canon sources.
Last edited by Spider Jones on Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inaubryn
Ogre

Post by Inaubryn »

Wow! Do you realize how much work that's gonna be? Just an fyi.
"You people have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation! So, from now on, when Private Pyle fucks up... I will not punish him. I will punish all of you! And the way I see it, ladies... you owe me for one jelly donut! Now, get on your faces!"
Spider Jones
Pit Boss

Post by Spider Jones »

Yes, and I have several competent builders and scripters already lined up.

We're up for it.
HATEFACE
Dr. Horrible

Post by HATEFACE »

Erm, bumped dis. You had a mIRC channel for it? Might as well post that too.
“In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.” - Open Message to the Executive Branch.
Spider Jones
Pit Boss

Post by Spider Jones »

Helios wrote:Erm, bumped dis. You had a mIRC channel for it? Might as well post that too.
Yes, that's right. On sorcery.net (same server as ALFA chat), #alfa-tethyr.
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

I have to say this looks like an inspiring landscape to recreate, I really hope it comes together well. Suldanessellar especial would be incredible to see if the tilesets are there. I'd learn how to toolset and help, but if this goes live I couldn't dream of being limited from bringing my PC here to check things out.
Spider Jones
Pit Boss

Post by Spider Jones »

Right, we've decided on this switch over awhile ago, so I'll just post this here, we'll be submitting out proposal application soon.

We're switching over from Tethyr, as we've decided the area is far too large to detail it any suitable way with NWN2, likely. We've switched over to the Sunset Vale portion of the Western Heartlands, which lies west of Cormyr, between the Sunset Mountains and the Reaching Wood, and includes the cities and towns of Asbravn, Berdusk, Corm Orp, Darkhold, Fendarl’s Gate, Hardbuckler, Hill’s Edge, Hluthvar, and Iriaebor as well as a handful of adventuring sites of note.