Planet Alandfaraway - Entropia Universe

Ideas and suggestions for game mechanics and rules.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Planet Alandfaraway - Entropia Universe

Post by ElCadaver »

I read that the Entropia Universe is the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. An Asteriod space resort orbiting the planet Calypso sold for 635,000 USD (real money). One of the guys in theatre I work with is in some way involved with the building of Planet Arcadia, and it's possible I might get a look in at doing some building for him for real money, given what I've shown him of my work.

Perhaps the Entropia Universe could be the next platform for ALFA? Thoughts?
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Re: Planet Alandfaraway - Entropia Universe

Post by t-ice »

Spelljammer! Space pirates!! Space elves!!!
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

I know nothing about this game. Is it possible to build the system, items, PCs, and creatures into this thing?
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/

most of the planets are a massive grind fest but whoever owns a planet decides everything about what you can do there... I'm sure a lot of money is involved, but now how much.

So yeah, if we had the inclination and time, we could build faerun in exact detail and make it a D&D world... of course, if wizards of the coast didn't mind is pinching all their stuff.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

I think the travelling between worlds part might pose a problem El C
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

That right there is a scam-- a rather notorious one, actually, because it defies categorization into our usual definitions of scams and schemes (and it thus handily deflects prosecution-- though they're often dubbed a form of cheaty online gambling [that is, the house usually wins, but this house wins harder], and are generally hated for their use in money laundering).

If we're going to put that much effort into developing for a new platform, we'd be hugely better off (and notably less exploitative of our players / notably less involved in crime) to just grab a free engine like Unity.
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Couldn't do it if we wanted to anyway:
http://www.entropiaplatform.com/partner ... become-a-/

They're all about the benjamins.
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

Here's a planet partner for the Russian mob... here's a planet partner for the Somali mob... here's a planet for the (insert criminal organization of choice). The money laundering thing is kind of the "big deal" I guess. There is no eccentric gamer out there paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a virtual resort. There are naughty people pushing dollars in one end for essentially valueless "products", and clean dollars coming out the other end.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff