KO'd, Accessible Inventory?

Ideas and suggestions for game mechanics and rules.
Sandermann
Rust Monster

Re: KO'd, Accessible Inventory?

Post by Sandermann »

It doesn't do anything apart from copy inventory contents to a placeholder placeable if certain conditions are met, equipped items are skipped (stripping armour off a corpse is a bit more involved than just picking it up) and GP is not touched either.

I'm not sure how it re-defines any ACR concepts, loot is still generated as normal, it's just not available if you cant find it.

It would however open up a minefield of questionable CvC conflict and potentially cause a lot of drama. I've no intention of applying the process to downed PCs, dealing with the inevitable fallout is something I'd have no desire to do as a DM.
PC: Liasola Dark Arrow
Ex PC: Arzit'el Tlabbar

Blindhamsterman : "I think Sand may have just won the internet"
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Post by Blindhamsterman »

applying it to dead PCs would be cool though, if possible?
Standards Member

Current PC: Elenaril Avae'Kerym of the Lynx Lodge
<Heero>: yeah for every pc ronan has killed dming, paazin has killed 2 with his spawns
Sandermann
Rust Monster

Post by Sandermann »

Define "Cool" :P

I think before you jump to any conclusion on how it would be, best to try it on NPCs first. Applying the system to PCs could (more likely would) cause several problems.

I could enable it for PCs to try it out when NU goes into Alpha testing and see how it works technically.

As it stands it would be of little use during a fight anyway. You have to search undisturbed for a full round before having access to the corpse's inventory and there is good chance that if it's something like a potion or scroll you are after, you wont find it anyway. You'd need to search more thoroughly for that, which requires three rounds and can't be done in combat (Its a take ten roll, so you need to be able to concentrate on the task).
PC: Liasola Dark Arrow
Ex PC: Arzit'el Tlabbar

Blindhamsterman : "I think Sand may have just won the internet"