Elven Architecture

Ideas and suggestions for game mechanics and rules.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Elven Architecture

Post by ElCadaver »

Hi All,
I need inspiration on an upcoming build. Could the community as a whole please post as many examples of elven architecture and elven tree houses as possible.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Elven Architecture

Post by CloudDancing »

Also check out the Elf Village on TSM. Keryn did some amazing things to get that tree village to float.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

ElCadaver wrote:Hi All,
I need inspiration on an upcoming build. Could the community as a whole please post as many examples of elven architecture and elven tree houses as possible.
Are you asking for nwn2 examples specificly?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Any models we don't have for nwn2, yes, and elven pics in general. Hopefully I can construct them out of what we do have.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

That wavy wood piece is Gribo's Treehouse platform he made. I think there is a placeable for it but if not you can make one by finding the model and making a new one.

Using Ratio/sizing that can be mounted on an tree stump (like Keryn did) and sized HUGE. It has a built in walkmesh so all you need to do is link it with bridges and automatic transitions.

Just remember anything below a walkmeshed item will be unwalkable so we still have one layer only we can work with it (reminds me I need to fix a pirate island I made.)

I am hoping Castano will post his Lweryrr Village series of delicate platforms and ATs.

h[img]ttp://www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_v ... ge.jpg?v=0[/img]

ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Thanks cloud,
There are quite a few tree houses in this location, but they will be eyecandy mostly, possibly a few ground lvl doors and access to a walkway or two for screenie purposes, but not a major elf city. Apprecitate the help. I've developed cubital tunnel syndrome from all the building I've been doing, so people getting the pics for me saves on all that web surfing so I can rest my arm.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Just remember if you use Trees, not placable trees, they are always walkable and transparent unless you cut walkmeshes around them and they fade, so it makes for easier ambiance without annoying collision.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Id just screenshot all of Rivendell and Lothlorien from Lord of the Rings online :D
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Curves and graceful lines yes. Skulls, witch house... probably not! I'll see if I can dig up some more stuff.
Last edited by Ithildur on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Concept Rich elf Mansion/Apartment. Built quickly, so final version would be a lot more precise.

Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

El Cad -- log on to a PW called The Rise of Sauron. The developer there, who goes by The Witchking, has built the entire tree city of Lothlorien for the mod and it is pretty amazing. I think he told me there might be a prefab for it on the Vault actually that could help give you ideas.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

The tree city looked cool. I'd class that as 'poor' elf. Basically I need to nail the following looks in the toolset. Human apartments, medieval, poor

Elven treehouse and apartments, poor
Human apartments, medieval, rich
Elven treehouse and apartments, rich

I have plent of D&D artwork now which give me an idea
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

ElCadaver wrote:Concept Rich elf Mansion/Apartment. Built quickly, so final version would be a lot more precise.

O.o That's the best thing I've seen in a while as far as NWN2 buildings that would fit a modestly ambitious Sun Elven PC. Any way to add more spirally lines around the exterior? Perhaps more graceful curves/points on top rather than the somewhat wicked looking points currently showing?

ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Ithildur wrote:
ElCadaver wrote:Concept Rich elf Mansion/Apartment. Built quickly, so final version would be a lot more precise.

O.o That's the best thing I've seen in a while as far as NWN2 buildings that would fit a modestly ambitious Sun Elven PC. Any way to add more spirally lines around the exterior? Perhaps more graceful curves/points on top rather than the somewhat wicked looking points currently showing?
The only twirly placeable I could find which might work was the stone tree, so I've been bending and moulding it to see how I can get it to look I'm hoping I can use it for carvings on elvish buildings, and an elven stone arbor.

The issue with some good placeables is tintability.. why can't they ALL be tintable!!