Uncanny Dodge Fix

Ideas and suggestions for game mechanics and rules.
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Re: Uncanny Dodge Fix

Post by t-ice »

NWN2wiki says Armor Skin grants +1 Natural AC (not enchantment), so presumably this would stack with an amulet of natural armor / barkskin / etc? Or has testing shown otherwise?

By the book, there's natural armor and natural armor enchantment. The latter stacks with the former, just like enchantment on plate mail stacks with AC bonus of said plate. Natural armor doesn't stack with natural armor (just like if you had armor and mage armor). Natural armor enchantment doesn't stack with other natural armor enchantments (just like magic vestment doesn't stack with a permanent +1 on an armor). Most buffs (like barkskin and amulet of natural armor) should be natural armor enchantment.

Thus buffs should stack with armor skin (giving natural armor bonus). Not sure about something like Elephant Hide.

Now, how nwn2 actually deals with the natural armor ... Would be nice to know ;)

According to nwn2wiki it seems natural armor bonus (as from armorskin) would properly stack with natural armor enchantment bonus:
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Natural_armor
Last edited by t-ice on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

If Zelk or AL can produce something that actually resembles the real UD, then that would be preferable over a mere "substitute/pacifier". But as Zelknolf pointed out: the problem affects few people and only for a moment.

We can leave it up to the tech department to decide if they want to spend their time fixing UD, but if not: Armor Skin would probably be the way to go.
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

This one went dormant.

Was there any "action" to take here? Such as a "substitute/pacifier" for any Rogue 4 or Barb 2 out in the wild? "Here's your Armor Skin +1" or something like that?
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
hollyfant

Post by hollyfant »

Brokenbone wrote:Was there any "action" to take here?
I guess the PA would have to ask the TA to do something. And I don't think that happened.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

No admin approval has been given; work cannot begin.
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

Well played barbarians die before level 2 anyhow.

Rogues who are capable of reaching level 4 probably already know that the best tactic for surviving a fight relates to staying the hell away from it.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Brokenbone wrote:Well played barbarians die before level 2 anyhow.
:mad:
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

Lol, don't worry Adanu. It's just the +2 water genasi receive against playing wells.
DMyles
Dire Badger

Post by DMyles »

Just wanted to bump this. I know everyone wants to see this work the way it is supposed to, but I would like to see us go with the armor skin plus 1 in the mean time or as a per solution if fixing it is to much trouble. Lets get the wheels turning.
"As the fletcher whittles and makes straight his arrows, so the master directs his straying thoughts."
-The Buddha
DMyles
Dire Badger

Post by DMyles »

I think replacement with another feat of the pc's choosing would also be a fair solution.
"As the fletcher whittles and makes straight his arrows, so the master directs his straying thoughts."
-The Buddha
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Would that choosing another feat solution including improved uncanny?
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

The hurdle is not technical. It's approval.

A functioning uncanny dodge is still on the table, waiting for admin to say yea or nay.
hollyfant

Post by hollyfant »

Which admin's say-so would suffice? It seems a TA issue to me, since this fixes something that should already have been in play. But if a DMA or a PA speaks up, will that do?

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Either TA or DMA, given precedent. But unless an admin picks a solution, there's really not much I can do.
DMyles
Dire Badger

Post by DMyles »

Who can approve it. Just let me know and I will send them a pm. They probably just aren't watching this forum.
-The Buddha