The Winds of Change

Ideas and suggestions for game mechanics and rules.
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

The Winds of Change

Post by Rotku »

The subject of change has recently been raised by one of our members to me. They were asking if there is any formal procedure for getting things changed - take for example, the recent time idea, or the hit points. Both under went long debate in these forums, yet there was no proper way (out side of pro-active admining) for this to be carried forward. After briefly discussing the issue with this person, I've come up with the following:

As Player Admin, if you can come to me with a proposal for changing something in ALFA, which includes the below requirements, I will see that it gets the required attention. Even if I do not agree with it (which is highly likely, been the disagreeable sort of person I am) I will make sure it is put before the Admin - and other parties if needed - and gets a fair hearing. If it does not relate directly to the Player Admin department, I am still more than happy to push these causes forward, as I've always believed that the PA is there to represent the player basis.

Before submitting any proposal, please make sure it has the following points included:
  • Details of what it is you wished changed
  • The goals of the said changes
  • A quick look at the pros and cons of the change
  • The amount of work required to see such changes brought about (and ideally making sure someone is willing to do the work)
  • And at least 5 names of people who support the proposal
Obviously if you can get more names behind it (and if you have someone who is willing to put the work in) I'll be much more supportive of it, and it will be a fair bit easier to sell. But either way...

So, if there is something in ALFA which you feel is not right, or could be better, instead of having three ten-page threads worth of discussion and hoping that an Admin might see, you now have an avenue to work through. I can't promise that every change will be put in place (in fact I can promise that every change WON'T be put in place), but they will all get a fair hearing and a definite answer.

Thread name stolen blatantly from Dobs
< Signature Free Zone >